+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Brereton on loan .....

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Your story has more holes in it than Swiss cheese. You keep changing like the wind.
    He is probably annoyed at finding himself way down the pecking order due to signing people like Grabban. He clearly does have a lot to learn. But your manager has opted to go with expensive signings. So he won't play. We are offering him a chance to do that. In a young, decent side. And we have loads and loads of money. We just aren't stupid enough to spend it all in one go. We see this lad as the future. With a potential big sell on clause. If he comes and does what we expect of him. But crucially, here he gets a chance. At your place he won't. It's really as simple as that.
    To be fair Tricky, he does have a point. What he says isn't wrong and you too have been right is some aspects.
    But I'm afraid you started off second-guessing the situation between player and manager. No doubt you have better sources than me, but in these things, the truth is usually somewhere in between what's being let on in the press and various inside sources.

Brereton has little chance atm, unless Grabban hits a dry spell and Murphy fails to seize the chance. Then also we have to consider Soudani, if he prefers to play more from the wing than an out and striker. Only if all these happens, Brereton will get a sniff or on the rare occasions he comes on as a sub and changes the game. Or in reserves, scores hattricks ever so often.

Rovers are offering a way out - he'll almost certainly get more game time and will start as the main striker or in a pair. At Forest, he's the small fish in a big pond, at Blackburn*, he gets to be a big fish in a small pond. Which would you take? And don't forget, it's the same division, against the same opponents as Forest. He has a better chance of scoring and making a big money move if he goes to Blackburn. They are unlikely to be in relegation scrap, so he won't be under too much pressure either. Perhaps though the supply line might be better at Forest, but in the end it's up to him to hit the back of the net irrespective of supply lines.

* The big fish, pond I'm alluding to isn't about the size of either club. I think maybe Blackburn might be a slightly bigger club than ourselves or of the same size either way. Rather I'm alluding to the pool of strikers at both clubs. He's definitely the smaller fish in the striking pool at Forest

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    To be fair Tricky, he does have a point. What he says isn't wrong and you too have been right is some aspects.
    But I'm afraid you started off second-guessing the situation between player and manager. No doubt you have better sources than me, but in these things, the truth is usually somewhere in between what's being let on in the press and various inside sources.

Brereton has little chance atm, unless Grabban hits a dry spell and Murphy fails to seize the chance. Then also we have to consider Soudani, if he prefers to play more from the wing than an out and striker. Only if all these happens, Brereton will get a sniff or on the rare occasions he comes on as a sub and changes the game. Or in reserves, scores hattricks ever so often.

Rovers are offering a way out - he'll almost certainly get more game time and will start as the main striker or in a pair. At Forest, he's the small fish in a big pond, at Blackburn*, he gets to be a big fish in a small pond. Which would you take? And don't forget, it's the same division, against the same opponents as Forest. He has a better chance of scoring and making a big money move if he goes to Blackburn. They are unlikely to be in relegation scrap, so he won't be under too much pressure either. Perhaps though the supply line might be better at Forest, but in the end it's up to him to hit the back of the net irrespective of supply lines.

* The big fish, pond I'm alluding to isn't about the size of either club. I think maybe Blackburn might be a slightly bigger club than ourselves or of the same size either way. Rather I'm alluding to the pool of strikers at both clubs. He's definitely the smaller fish in the striking pool at Forest
    Totally agree. And that's a top post mate.
    I do think we are both of a similar size. And stature. And fair play, your having a go this season.
    I do also agree that he will have far greater chance to play and develop under us. We are building a young squad. And one that will go for promotion in the next 2 seasons.
    He will play in a fluid 3 up front with Dack and Palmer. No out and out striker, just 3 fast young players who all swap positions. Graham gives us an option, as an out and out striker, a number 9. But he is only used sparingly these days. The formation style of play is very similar to Liverpool (And no we aint as good!) And this young lad has a chance to fit into that.
    Your doing right as a club, to get the best fee for him. And we clearly want him. It's inching closer by the day as we discuss add on' s etc.

To be fair, Tricky knows far more than me on the goings on in the club. He's been right sometimes before as well, like Ollie Burke, Osborn and other matters. And some things have turned out slightly differently.
    It's rather difficult to read Karanka's methods. He's still new at the club and hasn't really been able to get the his style and methods fully adopted by them owing to the number of additions.
    He did well to shore up the defense after the damage done by Warburton. But the target then was to ensure survival and bring order which was achieved.

Now he's had his first full window to get players he desires and remove those he doesn't want.
    So it's hard to pin down what exactly his style and method will be just yet. Some players may be good enough in another club but maybe not here, owing to his methods.

Ben has joined us this eve. Finally!!! £7m to pay at the end of the season. I think we have a good deal, you will probably be happy to s certain extent. Let's see what he can do with us.

Poor Tricky. I feel for him today. I feel this is going to hit him hard.

On a more serious note. I hope he's going to be ok. Sorry to hear he hasn't been too good. All the best.

7m all profit and for a championship level striker, is not a bad deal, whichever way one wants to look.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345