+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garlick a Remainer

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Seeing that his main interest is in funding British and Eire players, I don't really know what he is on about. The falling value of the pound should be his real concern, not Brexit.

Don't you start with that economically illiterate nonsense BT, I know you're a lefty but why do you think so many economies in the eurozone are in such a dire state, with horrendous rates of unemployment ? I shouldn't have to explain, but I'll give you a starter for ten, the main reason is they can't devalue their currencies. We can, and a falling pound boosts our exports and our industries, our fluctuating pound is why we don't have an unemployment problem in this country, but the Eurozone does.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    The car salesman thinking about his wallet again.

Alto mon ami, you have your knife into Garlick and I've defended him. No more, he's finished for me now. I don't want that **** telling me he wants another referendum. There'll be no more of my money heading BFC's way from now on. Not while he's in charge anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Alto mon ami, you have your knife into Garlick and I've defended him. No more, he's finished for me now. I don't want that **** telling me he wants another referendum. There'll be no more of my money heading BFC's way from now on. Not while he's in charge anyway.
    I don't find Garlick attractive because of things he has done in the past, of which there have been many underhand dealing's which have been aired on this board so I'm not going into it again, yes he is top dog of BFC, he's helped us get where we are, and in that time also made sure he's feathered his own nest, but he has proved himself for the last 3 years that he is out of his depth being a Chairman of a PL Football Club, an official BFC Website that leaves a lot to be desired, with an online Club shop that is second rate with many feeble offerings, a 2nd rate ClaretsPlayer that does not function properly, an away ticketing policy that does not seem fair, a negotiating team that fails to deliver every window, the last bit may also be on Garlicks shoulders with wage structure and such, but its obviously NOT WORKING every window.

I said it last season (even if we did finish 7th) we had a dozen games where we did not play well, we was lucky with a couple of wins even.

We struggled past Aberdeen over 2 legs, we put in a 50% performance at Southampton IMO, we went to Istanbul played horribly and drew, again earlier this evening we failed to deliver a performance and was lucky to win.

Brady is struggling, D4 could be out for 2 weeks or 2 months who knows with him, but even with these 2 back the midfield is not good enough and we should have strengthened there, we should have gone for another winger but yet again failed and have to put up with has been Lennon who I have not seen go at a defender beat him and cross yet.

Vydra is maybe a plus, but we needed another striker IMO, Vokes, Barnes and Wood left me last season PRAYING that they would score instead of believing that they actually would.

I know there are posters on here who will disagree with me and that's fine, I just don't think BFC are operating to their full potential on or off the pitch, and the fault for me lies with the head honcho Garlick.

Don't worry about Garlick Alto. We have a solid Board of Directors who keep him on a tight leash and one of the best managers in the EPL who goes about his business in the proper manner.

Last night's performance against very tricky opposition (in every sense) gave me real optimism for this season. With the players we have, all on good lengthy contracts and a couple of quality additions in January, the sky really is the limit!

One point of yours that is obvious Alto, we need depth in midfield. Defour looks to be AWOL to me, Cork is sublime, Westwood is nowhere near as bad as you constantly make out but Hendrick is not good enough for me.

Looks like we are two short in that department and I cannot see any "bubbling under" who could breakthrough in that department. Perhaps that would explain the last minute attempt to sign Ward-Prowse from Southampton? Not sure how any of this is solely down to our beloved Chairman though?

One last thing; Defour is a disgrace IMHO and he needs putting on "Do One Airlines" and whizzing off to China, the US or wherever is heart will be in it.

Attachment 10404

n

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)