+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucas Joćo

Too right Bully. People have short memories on these boards. A few months back he was the highest goalscorer in the Championship from open play. How many millions did he cost? Not that many as I recall.
    He is getting back to his best and I trust CW to make the call as he knows what all his players are capable of.
    I believe once he gets up and running the goals will flow again.

i hope your both right about leon but im not so sure yes he should have hero status for what he did at the sty and had a great season just cant see him replicating that standard this season mind if we were to bring a couple of quality strikers in he may well respond and start bangin em in again i think thats been the problem hes had no competition for his place for the last year

Clarke is getting the chances, if he stops getting them, then we worry. I believe in what wilder does, once he gets 1 he, ll roll with it. Changed mi tune I know but, the frustrating start is out the way now. And thinking without hanger it becomes clearer

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Why would you get rid of Clarke he's havin a bad spell but was 3rd highest scorer last yr and got 2 against the pork in their own back yard anyone else would be granted hero status along with bobby Davison and Leon has done a hell of a lot more for this club than bobby ever did
    He had half a good season and for what he did to the grunters he will always be remembered with affection but I think we need to aim higher now. It is like the difference Norwood has brought to our midfield. We need better quality. Joao would be a right hand full and Billy has come back fit and fired up. I would be happy to lose Clarke if we got Joao and someone like Gallagher to lead the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade for Life View Post
    He had half a good season and for what he did to the grunters he will always be remembered with affection but I think we need to aim higher now. It is like the difference Norwood has brought to our midfield. We need better quality. Joao would be a right hand full and Billy has come back fit and fired up. I would be happy to lose Clarke if we got Joao and someone like Gallagher to lead the line.
    Gallagher aint comin accordin to that ITK guru Nixon,they want £8million for him,we can't/ won't pay it.I like the look of Joao missen but i aint seen him play much have you? Keep Leon in't side in my opinion,if we can get better then all well and good but it's not that long ago that some were sayin Billy wasn't good enuff.UTCB

think the gallagher ship has sailed joao is an interesting alternative i would definetly take him with a view to buy but wouldnt go further than 3mill with maybe add ons for appearances or goals still think wells would be a good fit for us or even abrahams if chelsea make him available just think at least 1 more good striker in and we would be pushing for top 6

just seen that villa still keen on abrahams wonder if this is the deal chris is on about in his interview therefore freeing hogan to us why not get hogan and joao in and forget about johnson ?

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    just seen that villa still keen on abrahams wonder if this is the deal chris is on about in his interview therefore freeing hogan to us why not get hogan and joao in and forget about johnson ?
    I am not sure about Hogan as it would be a huge risk to have him and McGoldrick with there injury history. However i agree with regards to Johnson i don't see where he would fit now that we have cover for Stevens in Kean Bryan (who is highly rated). It is a long season and we need more quality cover upfront. It we got rid of Lavery (and yes in hindsight it is highly unlikely that Clarke will leave) i still feel 2 more strikers are needed and i am not sure McGoldrick will be any more than a back up player.

im with you on this one bfl i think we need 2 more strikers in even lafferty could cover if we go to a back 4 only need a couple of injuries up front and were suddenly short in that area still think armstrong was a miss for us certainly at the price he went for

Star reckons pigs are sorting out new contracts for Bannan, Joao and Hooper

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast