+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Carabao Cup 2nd Round

Carabao Cup 2nd Round

Wolves to face a trip to Sunderland or Sheffield Wednesday.

As it stands it's looking more than likely Wolves be going to Sheffield Wednesday, the Owls currently lead 2-0.

Second Round Draw Click Here

Not a bad draw at all but I'm hoping Nuno will field a team full of youngsters and fringe players.

We really need to keep key players fit and ready for the greedy league at all costs unfortunately unless we reach the final of course.
    Last edited by vagrant; 16-08-2018 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vagrant View Post
    Not a bad draw at all but I'm hoping Nuno will field a team full of youngsters and fringe players.

We really need to keep key players fit and ready for the greedy league at all costs unfortunately unless we reach the final of course.
    The cup is often seen as a distraction, i won't be too disappointed if we went out. I'm also expecting Nuno to make many changes for the game. I'd like Wolves to have a decent cup run, but not at the expense of premier league survival.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    The cup is often seen as a distraction, i won't be too disappointed if we went out. I'm also expecting Nuno to make many changes for the game. I'd like Wolves to have a decent cup run, but not at the expense of premier league survival.
    hey up gav
    note your prem league survival quote

put the strongest team out...
    this is line with the many " new players need match time to gel " quotes that
    have been knocking about..

Quote Originally Posted by Greavseywolf View Post
    hey up gav
    note your prem league survival quote

put the strongest team out...
    this is line with the many " new players need match time to gel " quotes that
    have been knocking about..
    Alright Dave, i hope all is well with you and your family.

The game is played in between the Man.City at home and the West Ham away one, so i'd rather Wolves played the strongest side available for those. I know players can get injured in training as well as games, but i wouldn't risk the likes of Neves for the cup game.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)