+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boro v notts goals

Boro v notts goals

Another look on how not to defend.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video...3-notts-county

Gone are the days when the goalie screamed "MINE" and actually commanded his 6 yard box.

Yes definitely keeper error and once again Jones bottling it instead of defending properly. As for the third then Brisley's half hearted sticking of his foot out sums up are cowardly defence at the moment.

Did Brizz play ?

Quote Originally Posted by marshall55 View Post
    Did Brizz play ?
    I often wonder that

Quote Originally Posted by roweyp View Post
    Yes definitely keeper error and once again Jones bottling it instead of defending properly. As for the third then Brisley's half hearted sticking of his foot out sums up are cowardly defence at the moment.
    I never thought i would have to concede that Duffy would become our most consistent defender, albeit by default. If it is true successful sides have a strong spine then this season may not be all we hoped. Brisley is certainly a better defender than recent performances would suggest, particularly in the air, less so on the floor. Jones i am sorry to say is better going forward. As for the keeper, the only consolation is Collin wouldn't have left his line either.

I don't mind when we are beaten by pace and skillful play but some of the defending is comical and Sunday league standard.
    If we don't sort this it will be a long hard season.

I've been harping on about no protection from the midfield but we've also let in a lot of set pieces, maybe the goalie needs to be more commanding and communicate more? I.e we need a new keeper?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I've been harping on about no protection from the midfield but we've also let in a lot of set pieces, maybe the goalie needs to be more commanding and communicate more? I.e we need a new keeper?
    Does Pindroch speak English?

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Does Pindroch speak English?
    Fitzsimmons was in goal Pindroch is injured.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast