+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Olympiakos v Burnley

Olympiakos v Burnley

Club announce details

A Jack Cork stunner gave the Clarets a 1-0 victory over Istanbul Basaksehir to set up a UEFA Europa League 4th Round Qualifying clash with Greek side Olympiacos. The game is set for Thursday 23rd August, 7pm KO UK time (9pm KO Greek local time)

Details of ticket prices, priority sales periods, and further information will be released on Friday 17th August.

Supporters wishing to book travel arrangements to Athens are advised that the club have already organised a ticket collection point at the Divani Caravel Hotel (Athina 161 21), and supporters are encouraged throughout the day to meet at Magemenos Avlos Aminta 4, (Athina 166 35), where there is a range of bars.

Coach transfers will be organised to transport supporters from outside the iconic Panathenaic Stadium (a ten minute walk from Magemenos Alvos) to the Karaiskakis Stadium for the game, with a return back after the final whistle.

More details and information will be released in due course on Friday 17th August.

Thank you for your support.

Their squad value is £79m compared to our £181m

https://www.transfermarkt.com/olympi...ite/verein/683

Hello there,

I am a greek olympiakos fan and an absolute premier league admirer. I really like your team and was very happy for your last-year's team performance. Feel free to ask me whatever you want. I would be glad to ask. I will just note one thing. Don t underestimate olympiakos. It would be fatal for your team.

Greetings from Athens

Quote Originally Posted by Edrahill View Post
    Hello there,

I am a greek olympiakos fan and an absolute premier league admirer. I really like your team and was very happy for your last-year's team performance. Feel free to ask me whatever you want. I would be glad to ask. I will just note one thing. Don t underestimate olympiakos. It would be fatal for your team.

Greetings from Athens
    Hi edra
    Good to hear from you hope you enjoy our time together on here on the pitch and off it. I’m sure our manager and his team will be on the case and our fans will do us proud in Athens as they did in Aberdeen and Istanbul. It’s a lovely city with lots of culture, Burnley has some - not a lot, but is in the Pennines with lots of nice scenery and places to visit. Are you coming over?

Up dated

The game will kick-off at 7pm UK time, 9pm local time, on Thursday, August 23, and tickets are £15 for all age groups.

Tickets go on sale online tonight (Friday) from 5.30pm to season ticket holders with 5,000 points. From 12.30pm tomorrow (Saturday) tickets are on sale season tickets holders with 3,000 points.
    At 4pm on Sunday tickets are on sale to all season ticket holders and tickets go on general sale from 9.15am on Monday morning.

A club spokesman said: "When purchasing tickets you will be prompted to provide proposed travel arrangements as well as your passport number. This is mandatory, any supporters not filling in this information risk having their ticket cancelled.

"All tickets must be collected from the Divani Caravel Hotel (Athina 161 21), along with your passport. No tickets will be released without your passport being shown. Collection times will be released in due course.

"Supporters are encouraged to meet at Magemenos Avlos Aminta 4, (Athina 166 35) where there is a small number of bars. Transport for supporters has been arranged by the club, and coaches will be provided from outside the iconic Panathenaic Stadium (a ten minute walk from Magemenos Avlos).

Coaches will take supporters to the Karaiskakis Stadium for the match, and then return after the final whistle. Specific times of departure will be released in due course.

"There will be no official club travel for the game in Athens. The logistics and cost involved with organising travel means that the club and its travel partner, Thomas Cook, are unable to provide a product that we are both happy to offer to supporters."

The club are currently planning to arrange a beam back of the game in the fanzone at Turf Moor.

Quote Originally Posted by Edrahill View Post
    Hello there,

Greetings from Athens
    We will not underestimate your football club with its history and great tradition. We hope for two good games and may the best team win! You will all be made welcome to visit Burnley!

Well i don t think i can afford coming over cause i just took my degree in a university and basic salary here in greece is about 500 euro. So i will possibly be in pub with friends drinking beer in the away match.
    Now, about the match: First of all you will see a tremendous difference in the budgets of the two teams. Burnley around 185M and Olympiakos 80M. I would not say that these numbers show the truth. Premier League is a huge brand name so many players cost too much in comparison to other leagues, and especially the greek. If i remember well, Burnley bought a talented striker from second division for almost 15M. In our entire history we have never paid this amount of money for a single player. So I believe that many of our players would cost much more if they were playing in a better league.
    Second, Olympiakos is the most succesful team in Greece with 44 championships. (44/81) Especially the last 20 years, we ve won 17. Last year, it was a catastrophy. It wasn t that we didn t win the championship and took the 3rd place, but the way we played was absolutely horrible. Boring football, horrible defence, players that didn t give a ...t. So the president (also owner of Nottingham Forest) went to the training facilities at end of the season and yelled at them for their performance and threatening them that he will send all of them off.. Well this summer, that was that happened. We changed almost the whole team. 16 transfers. New coach. And a much better performance and attacking football. The defence is poor but we just got our first team defender, and our defensive midfielder and center midfielder were transfered the last 10 days. So, to conclude if it was October, were the players were familiar one another and had some league games, i would give a 65% to Olympiakos cause of its experience in such type of games as we were playing in champions league for almost 25 years. But now, with so many new faces and almost no matches, i believe we have a 45-50% possibility.
    Last but not least,for thos who ll travel here, BE CAREFUL!!! Olympiakos has many fans that are bad-tempered. For those who ll attend the match, don t drink too much before the match because the place where the Karaiskakis pitch is, has more than 400.000 fans and you may have a problem. And try to be all together while coming to the match.

To end,Karaiskakis is a great pitch and the atmosphere there will take you by surprice. You will really enjoy the match. Luckily for you, cause of summer, maybe it won t be full, but it would be a new experience for you. You 'll see

**Sorry for my English

Hostile fans Edrahill? We have thousands of them, just 12 miles away at Ewood Park!

Interesting insight edra.
    I’m sure you are right that your players are undervalued in the world stage and ours are overvalued. We only just managed to spend £15m again this year, which matches our transfer record for Chris Wood. Many of our players came for little money but have gradually increased in value the more PL games they played. Our keepers, full backs and Centre backs all cost little and have played together for several years so our defence is solid, scoring is our problem!
    Our fans will be mostly long term supporters so they will be mostly old and cuddly! Not the sort to want to take on your ultras.
    Your chairman must like making changes. Notts Forest have had 17 managers since 2011. Looks like your team is still shaping up and Fulham who we play next week are in the same boat having signed 12 new players.
    Look forward to seeing how we do.
    Will there be many fans coming over? Istanbul had none apart from club officials and families? Our ground is where we have played since 1992 so it’s old style. We will have to rip our old wooden seats in the away end out in case we get to the group stages and put plastic ones in!

Edra
    Your owner seems to have had a few scrapes with the law. What’s happened about this from earlier this year?

Marinakis was charged with trafficking heroin by public prosecutor Irene Tziva. The accusations against Marinakis were described as "very serious charges" following a three-year investigation after the tanker Noor One was intercepted at the Greek port of Piraeus carrying 2.1 tonnes of heroin in 2014. He has also been charged with financing an illegal operation

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)