+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Millers sign Manning

Millers sign Manning

21 year old midfielder Ryan Manning joins the Millers on a season long loan from QPR, and says the chance of regular football was too good to turn down. - External Link

Quote Originally Posted by Footymad View Post
    21 year old midfielder Ryan Manning joins the Millers on a season long loan from QPR, and says the chance of regular football was too good to turn down. - External Link
    So he’s been promised regular football?

Not according to Warnes interview on ifollow ."Has to compete and he knows that"

Thank fruck we have got a player in at last.

Manning is a young upcoming player with bags of potential and quality.

In my opinion he is a better footballer than Towell and I dont understand why QPR would let him come to us? I think he will do well for us.

The one bad thing about the signing is that it is not a permanent one but if we could get him in the Jan window it would be brill.

Well done Warny for at least getting a good quality Championship player in.

Welcome Ryan nd I hope we as fans have learnt our lesson not to get on the back of a player if they have a bad game. He treatment of an excellent player ie John Swift was deplorable by SE. WEe know the stakes are high but he is still learning at 21 so let’s give him a chance to prove his worth and just maybe we have a gem that we sign permanently.

Even Grant Ward took a few games to get up to speed, so Millers fans need to be patient. Hopefully Ryan Manning will be as good.

We now have 4 cm. Plus Jones and maybe ajayi. Who can play the defencive midfielder roles. Is this enough or should we be looking for a another one?

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    We now have 4 cm. Plus Jones and maybe ajayi. Who can play the defencive midfielder roles. Is this enough or should we be looking for a another one?
    Need another tackler - Warney said that last night that he is still intending to get in another midfielder. I'd only risk Jones or Ajayi in midfield in an emergency (injury or sending off)

Yes we still need a midfielder that can bully and tackle.

If they also have a box to box engine then even better.