+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Joe Hart is buy of the season

Joe Hart is buy of the season

How little O' Burnley ended up with three England goalkeepers is mind blowing.

How they snared Joe for the ridiculously low fee they paid could be down to this:

1. Joe is exactly the player Burnley look for--hungry to prove people wrong;
    2. Joe is curious to see why Burnley have two England goalkeepers and wanted to be part of this set-up.

So win-win.

We may not score that many in the league--but we are not going to concede that many either.; irrespective of who is in goal for us.

Joe just could turn out to be the buy of the season.

I think Hart is on honeymoon with us at the moment Heeler, he's proved me wrong up to press, but lets see how he goes with more games.

As for buy of the season, I don't think so, so many other positions needed replacing/backing up, which has left us with weak links.

I think he came because he could travel from home, he could get away from all the bad vibes at City, he saw a chance to play in the PL, he liked Seans approach keep the shirt if you play well, and the support team, he was pals with Tom and Nick, Jack and Tarks from the England set up and City were willing to subsidise his salary by £40k a week.
    If he keeps playing like this he will have the fans behind him here he will get back into the England team, his £7m value will rise. Not sure what happens when his £40k sub ends though. Would he want more money or be happy to stay here on a Burnley wage?
    I thought Lindegaard played well v Aberdeen so we have four good keepers if fit. Something will have to give when Nick is fit.

Sean Dyche is keen to avoid Joe Hart becoming the focal point of Burnley's season after the summer signing starred in the win over Istanbul Basaksehir.

Seems he’s the main focus of media attention

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...-with-joe-hart

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I think Hart is on honeymoon with us at the moment Heeler, he's proved me wrong up to press, but lets see how he goes with more games.

As for buy of the season, I don't think so, so many other positions needed replacing/backing up, which has left us with weak links.
    Three games, three clean sheets. Dyche is not asking him to fart about with the ball at his feet. His kicking his good, his positional sense brilliant, his marshalling of the defence spot on and his shot stopping is really quite brilliant.

Mind you what else would you expect from a bloke with 75 full England caps, two EPL winners medals and a trophy cabinet full to bursting?

From what I have seen of him he is a better goalkeeper than either Heaton and Pope but I suppose his international cap tally would suggest that?

Just for the record: last night he made five absolutely fantastic saves which kept us in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post

I full on agree with you Altobelli about needing other positions for the Burnley team.

But I am talking about seeing Hart as the buy of the season for the small money paid compared to all the other purchases across the EPL.

And that ain't bad.

I just hope the Burnley faithful don't get on his back and start hounding him when he does make a mistake. He will, as all players do, it's just more evident when its the keeper and normally results in a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    I just hope the Burnley faithful don't get on his back and start hounding him when he does make a mistake. He will, as all players do, it's just more evident when its the keeper and normally results in a goal.
    All players make mistakes; that's the only way goals are scored.

If every player didn't make a mistake there would be no opportunities to score.

Joe will make a mistake. That's human and that's inevitable.

But if he doesn't make any mistakes in between that's a win.

He looks confident and enjoying his game.

He is keeping three other Burnley keepers (one injured, I know) out.

My own doubts have totally evaporated.

We are not a high scoring team, hence the need for a very good keeper. And Joe is that.

It was inevitable for me anyway - just needed to be part of something and to belong again, create your own worth if you like , imagine going to work and been victimised all the time for a mistake made, all keepers make them just his came in a national side game to get the public fired up and the abuse started , after that pep the manager said he couldn’t play his way and shipped out from pillar to post.
    You simply don’t become a bad keeper when your experience is immense, if his age was approaching 38-40 reactions might be going a bit and I’d say yes potentially on the downward.
    Personally just think he’s coming into his pomp and could be back with England again - bet Pickfords a bit wary anyway.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)