+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT Aretha

OT Aretha

Apologies to those who aren't into Soul music. We lost a great singer yesterday. Here is her rendition of "Natural Woman" recorded in the Concertgebouw, Amsterdam in 1968. Soul, music from the heart. So many emotional songs from her. I hope you get the feel of how she gets into you with her voice. RIP soul sister.

https://www.facebook.com/oudamsterda...7793456/?t=210

Was never my kind of music but a sad loss.

Agree MOP a supreme talent

RIP Aretha.

I heard the news from Craig Charles on R2, and no-one better. His ad libbed tribute over the rest of his show showed his own love of, and knowledge of, Aretha, quite touching and delving into her jazz and gospel output as well as soul. He finished his show with Arethas take on Bridge Over Troubled Water from her Live At Fillmore West album, IMO the most moving female vocal ever recorded

If anybody is interested I also have a link to an Amsterdam radio show from yesterday. Hans and Harry, 2 good friends of mine (I have guested on their show twice this year) devoted the 2nd half of last night's 2 hour show entirely to Aretha. Many of the numbers played won't be known to many. H&H have been doing their weekly show for 25 years. Last night's was show #1293.

Fancy a listen? PM me and I will send you the link.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)