+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: iFollow Notts midweek on tinternet for £10 TONIGHT......ALL FANS

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Another one???

Attachment 10435
    Yeppers, exciting stuff these midweek games.....as 60 Years says, I wonder how much of the £10 goes to Notts? It could be a nice extra little income stream for Notts and will certainly get bigger over the years if we keep this initiative.

500 Notts fans logged in on Tuesday...750?

Service needs to improve a bit though which might put off the newcomers, 25 minutes of Cambridge was blank, I switched to commentary, plus 8 minutes of Yeovil (not enough IMO!)

Just a bit of advice for anyone using ifollow for the first time, like I did on Friday. I spent several minutes at the start staring at a blank screen because I’d logged in via internet explorer. Then switched to Google Chrome and it worked fine apart from the technical fault everyone else had. Apparently Firefox is ok too though I haven’t used it myself.

I might have been told somewhere in the small print not to use IE but if so it passed me by.

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    Just a bit of advice for anyone using ifollow for the first time, like I did on Friday. I spent several minutes at the start staring at a blank screen because I’d logged in via internet explorer. Then switched to Google Chrome and it worked fine apart from the technical fault everyone else had. Apparently Firefox is ok too though I haven’t used it myself.

I might have been told somewhere in the small print not to use IE but if so it passed me by.
    Firefox works fine for me, but when I had a problem last year, the "live" girl in the chat bubble (bottom right of the iFollow screen), told me to switch to Chrome....apparently it is their preferred browser........I switched back to Firefox a few games later and it's been fine since then, apart from glitches at their end.

To be fair, anyone using IE or Edge need to be sectioned for their own safety. Sure, they're not as bad as the really bad days of IE6, but they're still terrible browsers only worth using to install Chrome or Firefox

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Service needs to improve a bit though which might put off the newcomers, 25 minutes of Cambridge was blank, I switched to commentary, plus 8 minutes of Yeovil (not enough IMO!)
    I'm still not tempted to try this, but out of interest what happens if the service doesn't work properly like the Cambridge game? If you paid to watch a film at the cinema and the screen went blank for 25 minutes part way through the film I'm pretty sure you'd get a full refund or at least a free ticket for next time. Do iFollow just say "sorry, we had technical problems, tough sh!t"?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'm still not tempted to try this, but out of interest what happens if the service doesn't work properly like the Cambridge game? If you paid to watch a film at the cinema and the screen went blank for 25 minutes part way through the film I'm pretty sure you'd get a full refund or at least a free ticket for next time. Do iFollow just say "sorry, we had technical problems, tough sh!t"?
    No idea, I never complain enough to get a refund.....what we need is someone who likes an argument to buy a match-day ticket, then complain like crazy until we all get a refund.....do you know of anyone?

The beeb are now getting involved in promoting tonight's "live" iFollow matches

The English Football League will stream matches live online in the UK and Ireland for the first time on Tuesday, with 31 games shown in all in midweek.

The service, for midweek games outside of bank holidays and not shown live on Sky Sports, will cost £10 per match.

Fans will be able to view a game via their team's digital platform iFollow, used by 58 of the 72 EFL clubs.

Overseas supporters have been able to stream every non-televised game online since the start of last season.

Seven of the 10 midweek Championship games will be available for streaming online, including Ipswich's trip to Derby on Tuesday and Wigan's visit to Stoke on Wednesday.

Aston Villa, Leeds and Sunderland are among the 14 EFL clubs not signed up to iFollow, but will have the opportunity to deliver a similar service.

Matches played between 14:45 and 17:15 on Saturdays will continue to be blocked from live streaming.
    Which Championship games can I stream online this midweek?

Seven matches will be available to watch via club websites (kick-off 19:45 BST unless stated):

Derby v Ipswich (Tue)
    Rotherham v Hull (Tue)
    Sheffield Wednesday v Millwall (Wed)
    Blackburn v Reading (Wed)
    Norwich v Preston (Wed)
    Bolton v Birmingham (Wed, 20:00 BST)
    Stoke v Wigan (Wed, 20:00 BST)

When are broadcasting restrictions in place in the UK?

There are three instances where EFL games can not be streamed online in the UK and Ireland:

Between 14:45-17:15 on a Saturday
    On Bank Holidays (eg Boxing Day, Easter Monday)
    When games have been selected for live television coverage on Sky Sports

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45248695

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    No idea, I never complain enough to get a refund.....what we need is someone who likes an argument to buy a match-day ticket, then complain like crazy until we all get a refund.....do you know of anyone?
    I did, but I'm afraid he was banned.

I have paid me 10 squid and am gonna keep everything crossed. How long before the game starts can you log on and begin watching the coverage ?

I might risk 6 �� tonight and watch iFollow live streaming in Spain for the first time. We have to improve on the last performance, don’t we ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast