+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: McParland

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    So most people on here include Hewitt in their team, but you say that the vast majority don't understand why Hewitt is near the team!
    I don't wish to get dragged into your argument but could the reason people include Hewitt in their teams is because the alternatives are worse?

Balti - who would you have instead of Hewitt ?

Quote Originally Posted by ReadWarbler View Post
    I don't wish to get dragged into your argument but could the reason people include Hewitt in their teams is because the alternatives are worse?
    Quite possibly, in fact I posted just as you were typing that Hewitt is "not a superstar by any means, but the best option we have in the squad in a holding midfield role".

Quite possibly, in fact I posted just as you were typing that Hewitt is "not a superstar by any means, but the best option we have in the squad in a holding midfield role".
    Fair point and i probably agree with you.

I wonder if Balti will supply us the name of his alternative

Quote Originally Posted by ReadWarbler View Post
    Fair point and i probably agree with you.

I wonder if Balti will supply us the name of his alternative
    He'd be a loan player for the combative midfielder we need. I'd also attempt Hawkridge there if we can't get anyone in as he does have defensive attributes but isn't exactly a physical presence unfortunately

My opinion:

In midfield - not a superstar by any means, but the best option we have in the squad in a holding midfield role.
    At fullback - never play him there again.

Your thoughts on McParland are interesting - seeing as we won the league by 10 points you seem to be saying that his ineptitude would have cost us at least a dozen points if we had stuck with him!
    I think

Cotterills pragmatic football would get more points at L2 level but my preference would be for the style of football McParland wanted to play.

Just my opinion which I know you don’t agree with 😏

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    I think Cotterills pragmatic football would get more points at L2 level but my preference would be for the style of football McParland wanted to play.

Just my opinion which I know you don’t agree with ��
    If you are suggesting that McParland's style was attractive, passing football then no, we'll never agree. Never ever.

That remains one of the biggest myths in Notts County history.

If you are suggesting that McParland's style was attractive, passing football then no, we'll never agree. Never ever.

That remains one of the biggest myths in Notts County history.
    I am not sugggesting that McParland was always successful in implementing an attractive passing style of football (although from how you speak you would think we were bottom of the league when he was sacked) but I think he would have got us promoted and with the group of players he put together we would have progressed in L1.

But we will never know.

I agree Forward. He did introduce an attractive style of play, the Bradford game was the best football seen for years. he brought in good players too. Hughes, Ravenhill, Bishop, Davies, Lee, Jackson on loan, Matt Ritchie, Rogers and more. Cotterill lived of his signings and to be honest has been a total failure since. McParland would have got us promotion without doubt. So Alan getting back to the point, who is going to be the next Academy Manager, McParland? Or another one of your feck ups?

**** ups? I don't remember seeing McParland poached to go to Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    Cotterill lived of his signings and to be honest has been a total failure since.
    And what have been the highlights of McParlands managerial career since we booted him out?

Oops, I forgot. He hasn't had one.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast