+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: McParland

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    I agree Forward. He did introduce an attractive style of play, the Bradford game was the best football seen for years. he brought in good players too. Hughes, Ravenhill, Bishop, Davies, Lee, Jackson on loan, Matt Ritchie, Rogers and more. Cotterill lived of his signings and to be honest has been a total failure since. McParland would have got us promotion without doubt. So Alan getting back to the point, who is going to be the next Academy Manager, McParland? Or another one of your feck ups?
    I don't believe forwardmagpie's name is actually Alan. Please correct me if I'm wrong forwardmagpie.

You are not wrong Swale

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    I agree Forward. He did introduce an attractive style of play, the Bradford game was the best football seen for years. he brought in good players too. Hughes, Ravenhill, Bishop, Davies, Lee, Jackson on loan, Matt Ritchie, Rogers and more. Cotterill lived of his signings and to be honest has been a total failure since. McParland would have got us promotion without doubt. So Alan getting back to the point, who is going to be the next Academy Manager, McParland? Or another one of your feck ups?
    Is McParland a relative of yours ? He was useless and we would not have got promoted if he hadnt have been sacked. And as for the academy, well if your lad or whoever it is is that good then surely another club will snap him up.. But he is probabaly not that good anyway thats why you are having a dig at them.....

I obviously disagree with the Glimmer twins (Durham and Elite) but it’s a game of opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    I obviously disagree with the Glimmer twins (Durham and Elite) but it’s a game of opinions.
    Bloody hell, it's not often me and durham are in agreement! I think many are blinded by McParland's playing career with us, where he was undoubtedly very good. As a manager though, he was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Bloody hell, it's not often me and durham are in agreement! I think many are blinded by McParland's playing career with us, where he was undoubtedly very good. As a manager though, he was awful.
    In you and your mates opinion 😊

McParland was awful and his "brand of football" consisted of passing the ball around at the back until someone booted it forwards, it was awful and without the attraction of incoming money (that obviously didn't come) he was less successful than the mighty Steve Thompson, who had to build an entire squad in his first season

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    McParland was awful and his "brand of football" consisted of passing the ball around at the back until someone booted it forwards, it was awful and without the attraction of incoming money (that obviously didn't come) he was less successful than the mighty Steve Thompson, who had to build an entire squad in his first season
    As managers go he ranked alongside the likes of Lary Loyd...Useless..

Assisting Roy Keane at Ipswich Town is a little bit more responsible than than working in Spurs Academy. Oops you sad loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Is the correct answer, we were great at passing our square for five minutes then just punted it upfront. I think we were fifth when he got sacked with inconsistent results so no guarantee we'd have got promoted. Cotterill ran away with the league. I'm sure McParland could do a good job with the youngsters though as that seems to be his area of expertise.

Hewitt isn't brilliant and I wouldn't see him in the team even in midfield except we haven't anyone better for that position so for now he has to stay in there. I pray he's nowhere near right back again.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast