+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: McParland

Quote Originally Posted by puddingking View Post
    yeah - forgot how crap McParland was. His signings were awful - Hughes, Bishop, Westcarr, Ravenhill and Davies would not have got into any other league 2 side...
    I think me, you and anyone else on here could have made those signings once agents were aware of the Munto money. Have a look at the squad that McParland assembled for the 2008/9 season when he had a shoestring budget like most League 2 managers. His players treated us to the worst season I've witnessed in 48 years of watching Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think me, you and anyone else on here could have made those signings once agents were aware of the Munto money. Have a look at the squad that McParland assembled for the 2008/9 season when he had a shoestring budget like most League 2 managers. His players treated us to the worst season I've witnessed in 48 years of watching Notts.
    But wasn't that a reflection of the terrible state the club was in at that period, rather than a reflection of who was in the hot seat? I'm not convinced we can lay all the blame for that at Ian McParland's door.

Anyway, all that detracts from what this thread is about, and despite it's title, it isn't really about IM, it's about the OP's one-issue agenda against the club for some reason. It's about time the OP got it off his/her chest and said what really gripes about the youth setup. With evidence. I won't hold my breath though.

Unfortunately Elite you talk out of your arse. We never had Munto money! There was no money. McParland kept the club up with a load of ****e that included Edwards who couldn't pass wind. He had a piss poor budget and was then shafted by another load of crooks in Trembling, King and his mates.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Surely we can find a role for Guy Branston in that set up?

Nevermind.
    Defence coach perhaps

Not at all. We passed the audit 4 years ago. We will not lose the Cat 3 status but will be given time to put all the wrongs that Goodman caused right. If not the funding form the FOOTBALL LEAGUE will be in doubt. Hardy will know this. FOOTBALL LEAGUE academies come under FOOTBALL LEAGUE rulings, Premier League clubs academies come under PREMIER LEAGUE rulings, the EPPP audits are carried out by a company called FootPass from Belgium. End of story. Getting some decent staff in place will be a start hence McParland was mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    Unfortunately Elite you talk out of your arse. We never had Munto money! There was no money.
    Munto were fake? Really? Well you learn something new every day!

Of course there was no money you arsehole, but at that time contracts were being handed out on the basis there was, which attracted a calibre of player we could only dream of. It wasn't shrewd and inspired signings by McParland, it was shrewd and inspired signings based on Monopoly money. McParland's supposed 'eye for a player' is better judged on who he signed the season before, when he had a low budget same as the low budget that the majority of the other League 2 managers had to work with. Under those conditions, McParland signed a sack of shyte and produced the dullest football I've ever seen Notts play.

Can’t help feeling there’s a different agenda here possibly from an ex-Academy Manager who has since become bitter and twisted? Is this the same Goodman who has been Head hunted by Tottenham to workin their Academy as Assistant Head of Player Development?
    And aren’t Tottenham one of the finest Academies in the country?

During Munto when McParland was the manager I had a recurring feeling that we should be running away with this league. Then we appointed Cotterill. That is what I judge his managerial ability on, having said that if he's great at bringing through youngsters then an academy position seems sensible enough doesn't it? I'm not quite sure of his and Hardys relationship or even if there is one.

So what have the club actually failed the audit on? What's actually wrong with the running of the academy?

Quote Originally Posted by roweyp View Post
    So what have the club actually failed the audit on? What's actually wrong with the running of the academy?
    The club have not failed the audit but why let the headline get in the way of the truth. Check with Dave Wetherall from the Football League....

The club will be re-audited this season at some stage as they want to see how close they are to Cat 2 following all the improvements that have taken place over the past 13 months

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast