+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O’Hare to Barnsley ?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Tha reyt, it wo Ham, not o'Hare. A think it wo 7-2.

Flagpooal worra thin telegraph pooal not set in grarnd firmly. Only needed a touch. Elf 'n Safety lads wunnta allowed it nardays.

It wont me Guv, honest. A know who did it though.
    November 20th 1965 BPA Team Hardie, Thomas, Lightowler, Gordon, McCalman, I Anson, Ham, Hector , Fryatt, Broadbent, Gould
    Reds Ironside, Parker, Brookes, Addy, Swallow, Duerden, Earnshaw, Bettany, Kerr, Ferguson, Hewitt wun Sub each Lawrie fo them Murphy for us,

Bloody hell that Kerr gets everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    November 20th 1965 BPA Team Hardie, Thomas, Lightowler, Gordon, McCalman, I Anson, Ham, Hector , Fryatt, Broadbent, Gould
    Reds Ironside, Parker, Brookes, Addy, Swallow, Duerden, Earnshaw, Bettany, Kerr, Ferguson, Hewitt wun Sub each Lawrie fo them Murphy for us,
    Thuz sum names theear that bring back memories. "Wiv got Bobby, Bobby Earnshaw on the wing, on the wing" Ed the speed ovva greyhound, his one trick was to push the ball past the full back and run like the clappers to catch it befooar it went arta play.

A thought one of the supposed benefits of evvin these new owners was that we wunt be reliant on loan players developing them for other club's advantage.
    We don’t seem reliant this season but I’ve no problem with the odd loan player . We’ve had some decent ones over the years

Thuz sum names theear that bring back memories. "Wiv got Bobby, Bobby Earnshaw on the wing, on the wing" Ed the speed ovva greyhound, his one trick was to push the ball past the full back and run like the clappers to catch it befooar it went arta play.

A little known fact for thi SB
    In the 50s there was a German family made up of almost entirely top Olympic athletes & were the Klapper family
    Johann Klapper [father]held the record for the 100 metres Heinrich Klapper [brother]held record for 220 metres whilst Eva Klapper held record for 100 metres [womens] all of which stood well into the 70s Their records were so well known in Germany that it was often said that no-one could run like the Klappers
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 18-08-2018 at 08:42 AM.

Arr reyt laika Earnshaw , tutha winga Di ck Hewitt wa good too, if sumdi cudda straitened iz legs art idda bin 7 ft tall !! Not sure if John O'Hare did laik forrus nar SB , we got sum ex derby/forest players when Leeds got riddonum ? Mc Govern ? Kenny Burns and sumdi else a think

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    We don’t seem reliant this season but I’ve no problem with the odd loan player . We’ve had some decent ones over the years
    I agree. It's when they come with a "must play or it'll cost ya" agreement like Ryan Kent that aar dunt like.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    A little known fact for thi SB
    In the 50s there was a German family made up of almost entirely top Olympic athletes & were the Klapper family
    Johann Klapper [father]held the record for the 100 metres Heinrich Klapper [brother]held record for 220 metres whilst Eva Klapper held record for 100 metres [womens] all of which stood well into the 70s Their records were so well known in Germany that it was often said that no-one could run like the Klappers
    A wo wunderring why fooaks sed that. Cheers Ziles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12