+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: West Stand Bogs no mooar ?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    But you'll wait forever if you wait for the landlord to make the improvememts
    Unfortunately exile in this case the landlord is significantly poorer than the tenant .

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    But you'll wait forever if you wait for the landlord to make the improvememts
    I still wouldn’t spend £7/8million on something I didnt own .

Don’t get me wrong Id love to see it flattened and replaced by something fit for this century

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    SB , here's my opinion .

The media facilities are from the dinosaur age down there when you look at the facilities at other clubs , I sit in the west stand lower as I will be today and it's embarrassing to be honest .

We all know the west stand is well past it's sell by date even though it still remains a bit of a treasure in historical terms and needs replacing .

They did say " nothing crazy " when they took over the club and would look to improve things bit by bit with a long term objective .

Whether that's the case going forward I don't know but surely improvements to the media facilities is a good thing and fits in with the improvements they promised when the opportunity arises .

How many years did the old scoreboard not function properly before it was eventually replaced ? , only to find you needed 20/20 vision to read the bloody thing .

I'll criticise ownership past and present all day long if I think it's warranted but actually doing something positive that badly needs doing and enhances the club's image at the same time isn't going to be one of those occasions .
    With the hype when they arrived a wo expecting mooar to be honest. I thought the "nothing crazy" referred to the transfer market as they have to work within FFP rules (though other clubs dunt). Property development is their area of expertise. What happened to the option they announced at the time of the takeover to buy the ground/ land ?
    The fans get hand-dryers. The media get a new suite as the fans squint at the scooarbooard and try to read fuzzy screens on the concourses. Priorities, priorities.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 18-08-2018 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    I still wouldn’t spend £7/8million on something I didnt own .

Don’t get me wrong Id love to see it flattened and replaced by something fit for this century
    It wants a refurb in my opinion ESR , something that retains the character without looking out of place within the new stands that have gone up over the last 25 years .

Possibly a new roof that covers the lower tier but keeping the dormer , a decent media facility in the middle of the lower tier perhaps .

It certainly doesn't need anything to increase the capacity given our gates .

Loads of clever designers and architects would come up with something that provided something modern looking but kept the historical character .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    With the hype when they arrived a wo expecting mooar to be honest. I thought the "nothing crazy" referred to the transfer market as they have to work within FFP rules (though other clubs dunt). Property development is their area of expertise. What happened to the option they announced at the time of the takeover to buy the ground/ land ?
    The fans get hand-dryers, the media get a new suite.
    It sits perfectly fine with me that BMBC continues to have a stake within the club and I'll be disappointed if that changes in all honesty .

It was one of Patrick's better decisions in my opinion to safeguard the club when he departed .

It's a wonder the other three sides got developed if there are all these obstacles to dooin anything. Can't get mi eead rarnd it to be honest.

if the new owners arn't happy with the council im sure they would build a new stadium.

Weer abarts is this media centre going to be , behind the West Stand North ?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    It's a wonder the other three sides got developed if there are all these obstacles to dooin anything. Can't get mi eead rarnd it to be honest.
    The ground was redeveloped when the club owned the stadium and land lock , stock and barrel SB .

Different ball game back then .

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Weer abarts is this media centre going to be , behind the West Stand North ?
    I don't know to be honest because there's bogs at the back of the WS South too and are largely unused given that area is never open so im guessing it may be those that are getting demolished .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast