+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: West Stand Bogs no mooar ?

For me a bit at a time is ok, Gym has been done out , new media centre planned, some improvements made at the academy new pitches laid etc and offices refurbed and no fire sale of players after relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    For me a bit at a time is ok, Gym has been done out , new media centre planned, some improvements made at the academy new pitches laid etc and offices refurbed and no fire sale of players after relegation.
    Totally agree ESR .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    It wants a refurb in my opinion ESR , something that retains the character without looking out of place within the new stands that have gone up over the last 25 years .

Possibly a new roof that covers the lower tier but keeping the dormer , a decent media facility in the middle of the lower tier perhaps .

It certainly doesn't need anything to increase the capacity given our gates .

Loads of clever designers and architects would come up with something that provided something modern looking but kept the historical character .

Totally understand that some fans have got a big attachment to it especially you lads who sit over there but I’d like to see that side of the ground come alive again and it be replaced and I’d doubt it could be refurbed with a new roof I think it would have to be rebuilt

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Totally understand that some fans have got a big attachment to it especially you lads who sit over there but I’d like to see that side of the ground come alive again and it be replaced and I’d doubt it could be refurbed with a new roof I think it would have to be rebuilt
    I've had a ST in the past in every other area of the ground and I still think personally the west stand lower is the best view in the ground , I can accept the facilities aren't great because I enjoy the view so much .

A safe standing area on the lower tier could also bring it alive considerably too .

Safe standing would be ideal for the front of the West Stand . Good call that

Am not being daft here but can anybody explain to me in two or three sentences who exactly owns the stadium and land ararnd it and what restrictions there are to development. Av erd sooa many conflicting tales that am flummoxed.

Thank you in anticipation.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Am not being daft here but can anybody explain to me in two or three sentences who exactly owns the stadium and land ararnd it and what restrictions there are to development. Av erd sooa many conflicting tales that am flummoxed.

You & me both SB
    Makes you think that someone likes keeping the water muddy for some reason doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post

As far as I know , could be wrong but BMBC hold a 50% stake in the stadium and adjoining land and the club owns the other 50% .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    As far as I know , could be wrong but BMBC hold a 50% stake in the stadium and adjoining land and the club owns the other 50% .
    Thanks Animal.

Any restrictions / covenants stopping changes ?

Who ez deciding vote if 50/50 ?

Am only asking cos a dunt know and wud like to know.

Left Ponty End via front to exit straight up hill felt a bit fed up. Had Laura in my ear oil. Where we gooin here? Was bustin' for a p1ss so I bared left towards bogs. Laura is only freetund o' missin' sumat so she proceeds to follow me into smelly urinal and to her horror realise it's an open air sh1t house. Her face was a picture.

I'll keep my gob shut more often

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast