+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: West Stand Bogs no mooar ?

West Stand Bogs no mooar ?

Chronicle repooarting that Big Chien ez put in planning proposals forra Media Centre on the site of the present piss oyles behind old West Stand
    Adda thought Big Chien wudda knocked darn all West Stand and built a new stand wi fans bar underneath, disabled upper terrace. media zone, dressing rooms oppennin to centre of pitch etc.

Allevva word wi Grace toneet.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Chronicle repooarting that Big Chien ez put in planning proposals forra Media Centre on the site of the present piss oyles behind old West Stand
    Adda thought Big Chien wudda knocked darn all West Stand and built a new stand wi fans bar underneath, disabled upper terrace. media zone, dressing rooms oppennin to centre of pitch etc.

And still more than the saviour spent on the ground in 14 years after less than a year owning the club just for balance .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    And still more than the saviour spent on the ground in 14 years after less than a year owning the club just for balance .
    Fair point, carnt argue wi that.

He doesn’t own the ground does he so he’d be in trouble if he did

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    So is he working under restrictive covenants?
    Is it unfair on Poor Chien that he gets stick for non development of the ground when he’s actually not allowed to spend money on the ground by the owners of it..?

Perhaps the Council won’t let him spend his own money on a nice big new scoreboard, or decent size tellys in the concourses........ or more than one behind a snap counter.
    Thank you Barnsley Council for allowing Chien to develop the shiny new hand driers in the bogs........ We have facilities beyond belief. !
    Last edited by Jules88; 17-08-2018 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    To add further balance we are talking nar abart owners with a combined wealth of £8 billion and whose business is property development.

Why would the ground owners, whoever they are, not approve improvements to their property ?

To add further balance we are talking nar abart owners with a combined wealth of £8 billion and whose business is property development.
    SB , here's my opinion .

The media facilities are from the dinosaur age down there when you look at the facilities at other clubs , I sit in the west stand lower as I will be today and it's embarrassing to be honest .

We all know the west stand is well past it's sell by date even though it still remains a bit of a treasure in historical terms and needs replacing .

They did say " nothing crazy " when they took over the club and would look to improve things bit by bit with a long term objective .

Whether that's the case going forward I don't know but surely improvements to the media facilities is a good thing and fits in with the improvements they promised when the opportunity arises .

How many years did the old scoreboard not function properly before it was eventually replaced ? , only to find you needed 20/20 vision to read the bloody thing .

I'll criticise ownership past and present all day long if I think it's warranted but actually doing something positive that badly needs doing and enhances the club's image at the same time isn't going to be one of those occasions .

Why would the ground owners, whoever they are, not approve improvements to their property ?
    They probably would but I wouldn’t pay for a big conservatory on a house that I rented.

They probably would but I wouldn’t pay for a big conservatory on a house that I rented.

But you'll wait forever if you wait for the landlord to make the improvememts

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast