+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: West Stand Bogs no mooar ?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Thanks Animal.

Any restrictions / covenants stopping changes ?

Who ez deciding vote if 50/50 ?

Am only asking cos a dunt know and wud like to know.
    I don't know about how the politics plays out SB in all honesty .

Just my opinion but I believe the emphasis is on BFC to come up with improvements and find the funding to implement them .

I only see BMBC has a safeguard to prevent any future or present ownership removing the club from its home .

It's not really like a tenant - landlord situation like you'd have with a rental property where the landlord assumes a greater responsibility for the upkeep and improvements .

It's just a fire wall really and nothing much more than that as far as I can tell .

Medieval sh1t house but tha can't help luvvin it Ponte.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I don't know about how the politics plays out SB in all honesty .

Just my opinion but I believe the emphasis is on BFC to come up with improvements and find the funding to implement them .

I only see BMBC has a safeguard to prevent any future or present ownership removing the club from its home .

It's not really like a tenant - landlord situation like you'd have with a rental property where the landlord assumes a greater responsibility for the upkeep and improvements .

It's just a fire wall really and nothing much more than that as far as I can tell .
    Cheers Animal.

It's an odd carry on. I'm sure Chien and his gang ev the in house legal expertise, surveyors, architects, civil engineers, builders etc from world wide projects to wipe the floor with Barnsley Council so it's a strange thing fo them to just build a small scale single storey media building at the back of an old stand. My Pillaker Antenna are twitching--is this just a temporary measure prior to a move to a new Stadium on cheap land on the outskirts of Tarn ? People laughed at Christopher Columbus when he sed the world was round.

Bob Monkhouse once remarked that everyone laughed at him when he said he wanted to be a comedian but they're not laughing now he said

Oakwell Community Assests own it and Barnsley FC have to provide general upkeep

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Oakwell Community Assests own it and Barnsley FC have to provide general upkeep
    Being a naturally curious sort of chap ( a nosey bugger) I Googled "Oakwell Community Assets". The info raised mooar questions than answers ( thuz a song abart that)--

The site led to Companies House which sed--

Oakwell Community Assets set up in Sept 2003 as a Private Limited Company. Registered address is Town Hall. Barnsley. The four present persons registered under its name are--

Andrew Frosdick---Secretary-Wakefield solicitor
    Patrick Cryne--Director (presumably now James Cryne)
    Councillor Gardiner--Director
    Councillor Miller--Director

No info on the share of ownership or Restrictive Covenants applying to Oakwell.

In the last accounts published in March 2017 it showed--
    Fixed Assets (Oakwell) worth £5,238,445
    Current Assets £420,484

Oakwell Community Assets appear to rent the ground to Barnsley Football Club.

Al look into it further tomorra.

Good luck with that SB

Perhaps an E mail to Messrs Gardiner or Miller both still members I believe

May be able to assist
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 19-08-2018 at 02:47 PM.

Avvedda quick look at a few websites but the one that provides mooar detail tha ezto pay to darnlooad reports and my curiosity dunt stretch that far. They evto file their March 2018 Accounts by next month so the might be summat new there regarding ownership.

BMBC clearly have an interest given the registered office is the town hall and two directors are councillors although it's sort of dressed up as a private company .

There must be some kind of reason for it to be structured this way , why that is I haven't a scooby , the two councillors could be watch dogs I guess and regulators perhaps .

Seems to have worked fine since it's inception in 2003 and a smart move by Patrick Cryne that secures the club's home at Oakwell .

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast