+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Rotherham United ***Matchday Thread***

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Leeds United - v - Rotherham United ***Matchday Thread***

Leeds are likely to revert to the XI that started in their 4-1 win at Derby after making eight changes against Bolton in the Carabao Cup midweek.

Adam Forshaw (foot) and Stuart Dallas (thigh) are both still out.

Rotherham striker Jamie Proctor could return to league action after more than a year out with cruciate ligament damage, having scored twice in Tuesday's League Cup win over Wigan.

Michael Ihiekwe (illness) and Darren Potter (Achilles) continue to miss out.

Match factsLeeds won both Championship matches against Rotherham in 2016-17, their first league double over the Millers since the 1960-61 season.

Rotherham have scored just one goal in their last five visits to Elland Road in all competitions (W1 D2 L2), a Joe Newell winner in a 1-0 victory in November 2015.

There have been five red cards shown in the last four Championship meetings between these sides (two for Leeds, three for Rotherham).Rotherham - who won 1-0 against Ipswich last time out - have not won back-to-back Championship games since April 2016 under Neil Warnock, with the second win in that sequence coming against Leeds.

Leeds lost four of their six Championship matches in 2017-18 against the sides promoted from League One the previous season (W2 - both against Bolton).

In the Championship, Rotherham have lost their last nine Yorkshire derbies in a row.

4 - 0.

MOT.

Leeds 3 - 0 Rotherham

I'm feeling a deal more edgy about this game to be honest. Expectations to get the full 6 points from the first two games wasn't at the highest...but this is a side we are expected to beat. Just doesnt seem to go to script in these cases, as Birmingham taking a point off Swansea earlier just showed. I think scoring the first goal in this match will determine our fate. C'mon lads!

My hometown so you can imagine the grief that awaits the Rev should we not win.

Come on Leeds!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post

Come on Leeds!
    Hi mate, hope you and your family are doing okay? had a great summer?.......followed by a great season!
    Few hurdles here so I'm away to Newfoundland on mi tod for a breather! Get Screeched in....again. You'll have to google that

Full tilt tomorrow/today for a win..... You'll be getting Sceeched in for sure in the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    Hi mate, hope you and your family are doing okay? had a great summer?.......followed by a great season!
    Few hurdles here so I'm away to Newfoundland on mi tod for a breather! Get Screeched in....again. You'll have to google that

Full tilt tomorrow/today for a win..... You'll be getting Sceeched in for sure in the evening.
    Hey up pal

Me old man is doing well after all the cancer treatment thank god and its been a belter of a summer..really hoping for a great season and I think we may just get one.
    Hope your keeping well George and enjoy 'screeching in'...will just google that now to see what it is

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post

Come on Leeds!
    Yes Rev72, I’m waiting in the wings!

To quote Greavsie ‘It’s a funny old game’ and owt can happen.
    Last edited by Brin; 18-08-2018 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Yes Rev72, I’m waiting in the wings!

To quote Greavsie ‘It’s a funny old game’ and owt can happen.
    Yes Brin..i'm sure you are

Yes George..I can confirm the Rev will be getting screeched a bit later on

Anyone got any links for the game today ?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)