+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Yeovil Town 17/8/18

Mick McCarthy is free

Wonder if KN is under pressure through interference from AH?

Ok I'm worried now. That was shambolic. No alibis, ifs or buts.

Teams that get battered worry me because it's a psychological thing as well as a technical thing. You can be dire and still only lose one or two nil.

I'm worried we have brought in talent (Enzio apart that is still to be proven) at the expense of physicality and grit, which are the most important things in this division.

It's not sacking time yet, but the onus is now on Nolan to come up with answers very quickly, and Hardy to do the professional thing and start making plans should the axe have to fall.

Evening everybody.

Yet another candidate for Notts' "all time worst performance" roster. It's all part & parcel of being a Notts fan. The gods have determined that we must suffer... an awful lot!

Anyway, looking on the bright side, Notts CCC scored a brilliant victory at Yorkshire tonight & are through to the QFs. Yippeee!!

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post

Teams that get battered worry me because it's a psychological thing as well as a technical thing. You can be dire and still only lose one or two nil.

I'm worried we have brought in talent (Enzio apart that is still to be proven) at the expense of physicality and grit, which are the most important things in this division.

It's not sacking time yet, but the onus is now on Nolan to come up with answers very quickly, and Hardy to do the professional thing and start making plans should the axe have to fall.
    As usual, a measured and calm post. I wonder if the Chettle appointment today was putting a safety net in place 'just in case'?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post

The most worrying thing is that plenty of people had concerns about the make up of the squad before the start of the season. Goalkeeper, centre half, full backs, too many lightweight midfielders.

Without a lot of delving into the loan market on what’s left of the budget, can’t see how either Nolan or someone else can do a lot about the situation.

I wasn't there but it is plain from all this distance away that what's at issue is more than the quality of the squad. Something is obviously very wrong at the club - might be attitudes or communication or inability to bond. How long ago was it that gypsy put a curse on the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    The supposedly better squad, hand picked by KN and delivered by BigAl in person?
    It's better in the same way that AH promised and delivered a better squad at the winter break and now he's done it again. No doubt yesterday's training went well with lots of rock paper scissors. Unfortunately the teams around us aren't playing the game with us.

Well, our two most influential players in the last 18 months were loan players so you never know, we just need to start looking for a different kind of player.

... since when did being first to the ball and stopping crosses cease to be part of a football game.
    I stopped criticising Duffy some months ago so as to not upset the Duffer lovers - what say you now about this cheat? Has KN the bottle to remove this ruinous apology who is unfit to be called a footballer.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast