+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Yeovil Town 17/8/18

If I can dare to disagree with the general consensus.

It's been pretty much downhill all year. The defence was okay last year being protected by two sitters in midfield, although Yates was more than that. Without that they have been exposed and found out, but Nolan has been apparently blind to the fact. Essentially to the extent that he ignored it when splurging all Hardy's money on players he clearly has no idea what to do with. If his natural instinct is to have Plan A as kick it high and hard (and Plan B to kick it higher and harder) just what did he think he was doing?

The rot is in and I am unconvinced he can do the necessary. The results and performances are a disgrace and, whilst they have come as a shock, how many supporters are genuinely surprised? Plenty of allusions to a lack of balance (down to the manager), the need to gel (oh come on, do me a favour and tell me what the pre-season was for). I think it depends on who is available and willing, but I really don't think he should be here after midnight.

I am in Spain on an all inclusive in Mallorca and the beer tastes positively off tonight.3 Notts shirts packed in false hope of a better season and they are certainly staying I. The suitcase for fear of ridicule or sectioning in some Spanish asylum for the weak of mind.I simply cannot believe how poor team we have become.All the skill in the team and yet trounced by a very very average to poor div 2 side.Please please por favor I only crave. Win

Like the above post from the moef - spot on

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... since when did being first to the ball and stopping crosses cease to be part of a football game.
    I stopped criticising Duffy some months ago so as to not upset the Duffer lovers - what say you now about this cheat? Has KN the bottle to remove this ruinous apology who is unfit to be called a footballer.
    TBH, Duffy had an absolute shocker tonight....but so did Hewitt, Brisley and Jones....our defense and midfield-tracking-back was virtually non-existent......nobody came out of the game with any credit because the forwards had chances as well that they could have put away......complete shambles

Just got back I can't believe what I have just watched. The first 25 minutes we played some good stuff and looked dangerous but so did they when they attacked. But as soon as they scored the game was all over.
    We can't defend we at least need a keeper, left back, central defender and a ball winning midfielder.
    Hewitt was terrible and so was Brisley, Duffy and Jones.
    We were lucky to escape with a 4-0 loss, they hit the woodwork twice and could have scored 7 or 8 absolute garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Just got back I can't believe what I have just watched. The first 25 minutes we played some good stuff and looked dangerous but so did they when they attacked. But as soon as they scored the game was all over.
    We can't defend we at least need a keeper, left back, central defender and a ball winning midfielder.
    Hewitt was terrible and so was Brisley, Duffy and Jones.
    We were lucky to escape with a 4-0 loss, they hit the woodwork twice and could have scored 7 or 8 absolute garbage.
    Pretty much spot on from what I watched on iFollow......shambolic

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    So Vaughan no good then?
    Very sluggish and slow, passes backwards more than forwards, not a tackle in him, not suited to league two rough and tumble football from what i have seen of him. Not impressed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    As usual, a measured and calm post. I wonder if the Chettle appointment today was putting a safety net in place 'just in case'?
    I agree a very good post by driller apart from the Enzio bit ( I thought he was the one bright bit about tonight) & you are not the 1st one to suggest Chettle has been brought in as a possible replacement, but has he actually got any more experience than Nolan? as an ex Red would he be more popular than Nolan? would Notts fans give him beyond xmas or would we be back on the old "merry go round)? I still say that unless we have a mush better candidate lined up we must give KN time.

Enzio is a waste of money, lazy, unfit and with no creativity. He's just reasonably quick. Hewitt was a disgrace but Enzio is more of a hindrance than a help. How he stays on and Thomas goes off is beyond comprehension.

Nolan needs to decide which of the marquee attacking signings is getting dropped to allow us to go to five in midfield, because we cannot conceivably play 4-4-2 again with the likes of Vaughan and Husin in there. It’s completely suicidal - even the Yates and Hewitt of early last season would’ve been overrun with how little Boldewijn and Thomas tracked back.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast