+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Latest Calmac ferry crisis

Latest Calmac ferry crisis

You of you may have read in the newspapers, online and heard on the Scottish TV news that two new ferries which Transport Scotland previously advised would be ready for sailing on the Calmac routes by the end of 2018 will be over 12 months late in delivery.
    The first ferry the MV Glen Sannox was due to start sailings on the Brodick to Ardrossan route in the second half of 2018 with the second ferry due to commence sailings on the Uig triangle several months later.
    I am not surprised that there had been a delay in the completion of these ferries and they will be at least a year late in delivery as the result of a tip-off I received at the beginning of September 2017 almost a year ago.
    The ferries are being constructed in the Ferguson Marine shipyard.
    Last September whilst in the Royal Alexandra Hospital n Paisley for a routine operation which never happened due a near death experience a patient in my ward told me that the management of the Ferguson Marine shipyard were paying off local shipyard workers and replacing them with cheap labour from Eastern Europe who were bussed in for the start of their working day with buses ready to pick them at the end of their working day.
    My Contact told me that he had a friend who complained to the management about local workers being paid off and replaced with cheap Eastern Europe labour. His friend was paid off at the end of that week.
    After leaving the RAH and getting back to Islay I searched the Internet but I could find nothing about the latest going ons at the Ferguson Marine shipyard.
    However I was not surprised as the bosses at Transport Scotland do not allow any bad news which concerns them to be published in the press.
    In July 2016 the MV Hebridean Isles car ferry hit the pier at Kennacraig and it was out of action for almost two weeks causing chaos on the Islay to Kennacraig route at the busiest time of the year. Transport Scotland instigated a news blackout on this incident as the latest eight year ferry contract for sailings on the Clyde and Hebridean ferry routes awarded to the Scottish Government owned CalMac had not been signed.
    The posters on the ‘other’ forum knew all about the MV Hebridean Isles ferry incident as I had posted the full information about the collision.

And...….. he's off

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    And...….. he's off
    I told you that I was a fund of information.
    The posters on the other forum will be annoyed that they will now have to look into this forum to get all the latest news about CalMac which you never get in the press.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I told you that I was a fund of information.
    The posters on the other forum will be annoyed that they will now have to look into this forum to get all the latest news about CalMac which you never get in the press.
    Incredible thing to say. I really hope you're not being serious; I genuinely doubt they care any more about CalMac ferries than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Incredible thing to say. I really hope you're not being serious; I genuinely doubt they care any more about CalMac ferries than I do.
    Believe or not the topic I set up about the Islay ferry crisis at the end of July 2016 eventually had over 400 posts.

Believe or not the topic I set up about the Islay ferry crisis at the end of July 2016 eventually had over 400 posts.
    I read your 407 posts on that wonderful thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ProvieRd View Post
    I read your 407 posts on that wonderful thread.
    Occasionally the thread went off topic but I had sufficient knowledge to bring it back on to the Topic.
    Last Autumn I was speaking to a reporter from the Oban Times about a Freedom of Information request I had made regarding another Islay Ferry problem and I told him how to find my topic on the other forum about the July 2016 Islay ferry crisis.
    Several days later after reading all the posts at that time he contacted me and told me that he found the topic very informative and it contained information that he was unaware of.

Occasionally the thread went off topic but I had sufficient knowledge to bring it back on to the Topic.
    Last Autumn I was speaking to a reporter from the Oban Times about a Freedom of Information request I had made regarding another Islay Ferry problem and I told him how to find my topic on the other forum about the July 2016 Islay ferry crisis.
    Several days later after reading all the posts at that time he contacted me and told me that he found the topic very informative and it contained information that he was unaware of.
    I’m absolutely certain anyone reading g it would find information they were previously unaware of.

Quote Originally Posted by ProvieRd View Post
    I’m absolutely certain anyone reading g it would find information they were previously unaware of.
    Hi ProvieRd.
    As I am now banned I can no longer look at the other forum website even as a guest.
    Could you please copy and paste my July 2016 Islay ferry crisis on the other forum for the posters on Dundee Mad to read for themselves.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)