+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Quite simply unacceptable

We worked out Elliott Hewitt was a cr*p full back years ago, why on earth are we in a position where he's needed to play there again?

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    We worked out Elliott Hewitt was a cr*p full back years ago, why on earth are we in a position where he's needed to play there again?
    Spot on. He was a hopeless full back - we used to groan when he came on as a sub in that position. Then he was transformed into a player of the season midfielder, and now he's a useless full back again. Crackers!

Quote Originally Posted by roweyp View Post
    Not a single positive tonight. The back five should be sacked and replaced immediately as the have no interest in defending. We have signed two strikers that can't finish, enzio is clueless, unfit and lazy. Then Nolan takes off our most creative player in Thomas! Even Nolan lost the plot
    I don't know what match you are watching if you think Enzo is clueless? He is the one who looks dangerous when we attack.
    Thomas creative??????

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I don't know what match you are watching if you think Enzo is clueless? He is the one who looks dangerous when we attack.
    Agreed

That was one of the most spineless performances I have ever witnessed. We played some lovely stuff for 10 minutes early on, but otherwise it was embarrassing and completely dispiriting. We look incredibly weak and were outfought by an average team we managed to turn into Brazil by the end.

It may be early days, but that had relegation fodder written all over it. Shocking, the kind of performance that knocks the stuffing out of you. Three games in and we’re a complete shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Having spent serious money in the summer Nolan is now massively under pressure.

A ****e state of affairs.

I have tickets to Lincoln next week with my kids and to be quite honest I am not looking forward to it.
    Taking 2 midfield players off when he should've took the defenders off. Even Stead at the back would've been better. That's how crap our defence is.
    The youngsters would at least been more enthusiastic.
    Sort it Nolan.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Well, quite. To put it bluntly he simply can't play that role and it's cruel to force him to try. I was one of many who thought he was just an awful player when he arrived ostensibly as a full-back and disgraced himself in several games. But if Nolan gets the credit for nothing else in his time as Notts manager, he should get the praise for deploying Hewitt in central midfield where he was my Player of the Year choice last season. He needs to get back to that role, even if it means we have to get Richard Duffy to reprise his role as a right-back from many years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Having spent serious money in the summer Nolan is now massively under pressure.

A ****e state of affairs.

I have tickets to Lincoln next week with my kids and to be quite honest I am not looking forward to it.
    Having spent some serious money in the summer on season tickets for me and my granddaughter, I can honestly say, we will be lucky to make midtable.

I dread to think what Lincoln are going to do.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Thomas creative??????
    Spot on.....Stall and Charlie were commenting on how he was our best attacking threat, by far....then Yeovil double-marked him most of the 2nd half which is why he ran out of options and an escape route....not his fault that he had 2 men to beat every time.

ps The guy is probably the worst defender in footballing history, but I'm sure that AH didn't spend a huge wad to acquire him, for his defensive capabilities...when this "squad" get going, this guy will be a crowd-pleaser
    Last edited by tarquinbeech; 18-08-2018 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    After looking half decent for the early part of last season, Hewitt seems to have reverted to the complete waste of space he looked to begin with... but, why oh why play him at right back when we all already he know he can't play there for toffee.
    Pay him in lolly rather than toffee and you should see a difference

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast