+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Quite simply unacceptable

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Man without ball - find space and keep moving.
    Man with ball - look for man in space and pass ball to him accurately.
    Why am I not a football manager?
    You are not a football manager because those instructions depend entirely on which team the man with or without ball is playing for. If it's the opposing team that has the ball then the instructions change to tackle, mark, close down and anticipate their movement.

Don't worry, it's not just you, everyone connected to Notts County seemed to miss it last night.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    We are not quite rock bottom yet even with just 1 point from 9. As it stands we are 21st.

Morecambe, Cheltenham, and Macclesfield have failed to pick up a single point in their first three games.

Onwards and upwards as someone used to say.
    Yep, I remember that.

Name:  Capture8.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  14.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    You are not a football manager because those instructions depend entirely on which team the man with or without ball is playing for. If it's the opposing team that has the ball then the instructions change to tackle, mark, close down and anticipate their movement.

Don't worry, it's not just you, everyone connected to Notts County seemed to miss it last night.
    Now you’ve made it complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Yep, I remember that.

Name:  Capture8.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  14.2 KB
    More Spin from AH.

Quote Originally Posted by centenarypie View Post
    No positives? I would suggest 20 minutes of cohesive attacking football, played at pace and mostly in the Yeovil half was a positive improvement on last year. Meadow Lane was rocking (for league 2), 7000+ fans on a Friday night.
    And then we had to defend!!!
    Having seen the goals again on Sky it is evident Hewitt (as a defender) is the weakest link in a chain that is long due for an overhaul.
    Collectively the defending was so poor I am still bemused how all four defenders remained on the pitch throughout. Surely this was an opportunity to give Bird a try? Brisley who I thought was excellent last season runs as if in permanent pain, Jones has no spatial awareness whatsoever and Duffy is a centre half who can't jump and has no pace. I would agree that there needs to be some screening from the midfield but when our defenders need to defend they appear incapable.
    No positives? I disagree, having hit rock bottom the re is only one way to go.
    OK I accept the crowd and first 20 minutes were positive, I couldn't see how we wouldn't go on and win the game comfortably. After that though it was dreadful. I have split opinions on Enzio but he needs to be a team player at this level and especially when he has Hewitt behind him. Ultimately the whole set up is a bit like a pipe dream that doesn't work. Two new defenders and a keeper and we'll have a chance.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345