+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: League cup v St.Mirren thread

Quote Originally Posted by WatsonNimrod View Post
    Do you take pleasure in that?

A young guy on a few hundred quid a week who has upped sticks to come up here.

He is still young, got plenty of potential and might just pop up against the infirm with a set piece goal, its sad that folk are writing him off already
    I take absolutely no pleasure in writing a player of AFC off. But the difference in our play today when we play football rather than hoofball was immense.
    I support AFC, and the players who step up to the mark for my team make me proud. Unfortunately I do not think Cosgrove has it.

He is still young, got plenty of potential and might just pop up against the infirm with a set piece goal, its sad that folk are writing him off already
    Folks (and yes I was one of the very first ones) are writing him off coz he's sh1te, have said since the very day we signed him, Aberdeen should not be signing someone like that from Carlisle for 20K. Fk me half decent players in the highland fkn league are changing clubs for in excess of 20k.
    Nothing against the lad personally he is just not good enough for Aberdeen, simple as that.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    We are looking very decent going forward today.
    Hey RJ pal, how was your Red TV Int reception for this one? mine as usual for a home game was ok, I just wish they would sort out the away games

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Not a lot to add to what has already been said but some random thoughts anyway.

What a difference in style of play without Cosgrove in the team, no bypassing midfield with lazy punts from the back but rather playing football through midfield - a real joy to watch - let's keep it going - no need to play Cosgrove at all

Set the tone after just 10 seconds when May should have scored. Scoreline could have been anything in first half, a combination of us being very good and StM just rubbish.

As others have said GMS was at his very best (get him signed up pronto please) and Scott Wright looks like a real find for the no 10 role (he also did well when came on in that role last week at Dens)

Gleeson is growing on me

Still not sure about Forrester - looks like he will play the "quarterback role" when on much like McInnes had Mclean do last season but so far not to the same standard

May is never getting his pace back but did work hard and made some good runs. Presume he will drop out when Wilson fit

Good to see some of the youngsters get a run out today

Bring on Ayr in the next round.
    I did think Gleeson looked a useful link player from his first appearance against Sevco and it was nice to see him finally get 90 minutes

St Mirren were abject though, so it's difficult to judge our performance but four goals and a clean sheet won't harm confidence

We should really be looking for one of the other four of the top five clubs at home in the quarters, preferably Tweedle Dum or Tweedle Dee...we'll need to beat either one or both to win the cup so we might as well start at Pittodrie

Oh, and Forrester better watch, because Del can be very impatient with new signings who don't cut the mustard and look out of their depth. He's been abysmal
    Last edited by BogBrush1903; 19-08-2018 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Hey RJ pal, how was your Red TV Int reception for this one? mine as usual for a home game was ok, I just wish they would sort out the away games

SF
    RedTV was excellent for the match coverage. Twice at home via Burnley and St.Mirren it has been quality each time. I just gave up with the Dundee match last week as the coverage was absolutely brutal.
    I am getting HD quality for the home matches...you?

The poster was right enough having a dig at the Cosgrove situation. If we play like this without him in the team then game on as he is not required for this style of play. I know we won’t be playing like that every week as McInnes will get twitchy when we are up against a better standard of team and probably overload the team with defensive players again.
    My argument has always been that we have a more attacking approach to matches and play a better style instead of hoofing the ball forward looking to get on the end of fortunate knock ons.
    Who in their right mind didn’t enjoy the football played yesterday? In my opinion it was streets ahead of his usual tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    RedTV was excellent for the match coverage. Twice at home via Burnley and St.Mirren it has been quality each time. I just gave up with the Dundee match last week as the coverage was absolutely brutal.
    I am getting HD quality for the home matches...you?
    Yeh getting pretty decent quality for all home games, just need the away ones sorted out.
    With that performance by the team yesterday I was almost a happy clapper pal, but then gave myself a severe talking to, but surely we need to keep on going with the positive tactics and approach that are proven to work. Why oh why do we need to change it when we come up against any of the @arse cheeks for example.

SF

Glad to see GMS seems to have his mojo back

Keep it up loon

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Yeh getting pretty decent quality for all home games, just need the away ones sorted out.
    With that performance by the team yesterday I was almost a happy clapper pal, but then gave myself a severe talking to, but surely we need to keep on going with the positive tactics and approach that are proven to work. Why oh why do we need to change it when we come up against any of the @arse cheeks for example.

SF
    I admit that yesterday when I didn’t see Anderson or even Wilson in the starting line up I was thinking this is going to extra time as I didn’t see a lot of goals coming. Willie Miller saying in the lead up to the match that McGinn might be played through the centre had me perked up again as I thought he would do a decent job there. Then bang...he gets injured in the warm up and for some strange reason Ross instead of Anderson comes into the starting eleven and then I think May up top so extra time it is again. McInnes obviously changed his team around to deal with the situation and boy did he not pull it off. Great performance and fair play to Dodgy Del for the way we started and went through the match. May was unlucky with his first effort and could have scored right in the first few minutes.

Wasn't at yesterday's match but spoken to a couple who were. Looks like we played solid football but again St Mirren looked pi$$ poor.

GMS and Shinnie both need to sign new contracts. Hopefully they both do. Love how GMS always plays with a smile on his face.

With regards to McGinn I'd actually be tempted to play him in the number 10 role now as he's (in my opinion) not got the pace anymore to play on the wing, seems to know himself now that he hasn't got the pace to take on the man and relies on his experience to buy a yard at times.

I'd like to see a winger coming in.

May has looked sharper to me this season. Hopefully that goal yesterday will give his confidence a boost. Good bit of unselfish work by Wright too I hear.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast