+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever watched a game ...

Have you ever watched a game ...

where “It’s like watching Juve” was sang round the stadium and the players booed off the pitch.

I honestly think the first 30 minutes was the best football seen under Nolan and the last 60 minutes was the worst.

What a strange game

Thoughts?

In Mallorca and only managed the 2nd half on Ifollow, but can definitely confirm that was as bad a 2nd half as you could wish for.

Spot on 2k4

What concerns me most is the number of games since Christmas where the opposition has complete and total free reign and we stand off, failing to mark,challenge or tackle allowing wave after wave of attack. I'm sure this isn't what a Kevin Nolan team should be about.

If we had continued playing the same way as we did in the first 30mins then I think we would have got something from the game in the second half. Strangely though our heads dropped to the point of us playing so bad that the score line eventually matched the overall performance

It’s easy to forget the first 30mins, but it shouldn’t be forgotten, because the football in that period was incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie2k4 View Post
    If we had continued playing the same way as we did in the first 30mins then I think we would have got something from the game in the second half. Strangely though our heads dropped to the point of us playing so bad that the score line eventually matched the overall performance

It’s easy to forget the first 30mins, but it shouldn’t be forgotten, because the football in that period was incredible.
    Not to sure we were that good in the first 30 minutes , we played well with no end product. Couldn't believe that one of the worst left backs we have had for a long time could have a player of Enzio's reputation in his back pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Not to sure we were that good in the first 30 minutes , we played well with no end product. Couldn't believe that one of the worst left backs we have had for a long time could have a player of Enzio's reputation in his back pocket.
    What???? The first half hour Dicko didn't know whether he was coming or going against Enzo, then for some reason he swapped wings. Then KN had him falling back to help the useless Hewitt second half but he still managed to outpace Dicko to get a penalty

Quote Originally Posted by magpie2k4 View Post
    where “It’s like watching Juve” was sang round the stadium and the players booed off the pitch.

I honestly think the first 30 minutes was the best football seen under Nolan and the last 60 minutes was the worst.

What a strange game

Thoughts?
    That's probably fair comment, and it's my main reason for not getting too carried away with what was a shocking result. This squad does contain players with more ability than we've had for many seasons, possibly since 2009/10. We did indeed play some very attractive football and if the early goal hadn't been disallowed the psychology of the game and the result could have gone differently.

However, what we learned last night is that the team must have the right balance of attacking and defending instincts, even more so if we're going to play an adventurous possession-based game rather than a percentage game (or 'hoofball'). I don't often find myself quoting Steve Thompson, but the team selected last night looked too "nice" on paper and so it proved on the pitch. We haven't got two robust central midfielders who can dominate the game, so we need three in there, and two of them need to be primarily sitters, covering the defence.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    What???? The first half hour Dicko didn't know whether he was coming or going against Enzo, then for some reason he swapped wings. Then KN had him falling back to help the useless Hewitt second half but he still managed to outpace Dicko to get a penalty
    Ok , he outpaced Dicko ( some achievement that ) for the penalty . I actually think it wasn't a pen, Enzio seem to go down in instalments.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    That's probably fair comment, and it's my main reason for not getting too carried away with what was a shocking result. This squad does contain players with more ability than we've had for many seasons, possibly since 2009/10. We did indeed play some very attractive football and if the early goal hadn't been disallowed the psychology of the game and the result could have gone differently.

However, what we learned last night is that the team must have the right balance of attacking and defending instincts, even more so if we're going to play an adventurous possession-based game rather than a percentage game (or 'hoofball'). I don't often find myself quoting Steve Thompson, but the team selected last night looked too "nice" on paper and so it proved on the pitch. We haven't got two robust central midfielders who can dominate the game, so we need three in there, and two of them need to be primarily sitters, covering the defence.
    Are three powder puffs going to be any better if we don't challenge players rolling through?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast