+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How brave are you Mr Hardy

Angry How brave are you Mr Hardy

Dear Mr Hardy
    Whilst you have proven yourself to be a crass nepotistic narcissist, I am extremely grateful that you came along and saved the club I love from the depths of non league football. One I'm not sure we'd recover from.
    However, if someone in one of your businesses continually failed to perform, was irrational in his decision making, and continually rewarded poor performance, I suspect he wouldn't last long.
    It is not too early to sack Nolan, it's been shambolic since Christmas. Please have the strength of character to dismiss him tonight or tomorrow morning latest.
    Perhaps best to wait until tomorrow, if you tell him tonight he may not recall it in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by LesBradd4England View Post
    Dear Mr Hardy
    Whilst you have proven yourself to be a crass nepotistic narcissist, I am extremely grateful that you came along and saved the club I love from the depths of non league football. One I'm not sure we'd recover from.
    However, if someone in one of your businesses continually failed to perform, was irrational in his decision making, and continually rewarded poor performance, I suspect he wouldn't last long.
    It is not too early to sack Nolan, it's been shambolic since Christmas. Please have the strength of character to dismiss him tonight or tomorrow morning latest.
    Perhaps best to wait until tomorrow, if you tell him tonight he may not recall it in the morning.
    Can't defend tonight's debacle, but have you forgot we actually made the play offs? Not quite shambolic was it but I suppose it depends on ones agenda.

Dear Mr Hardy
    Don't know about sacking the manager or not, I think it would probably delay our progress more than anything.

Whether he sticks with Nolan or not, he needs to double down on the money he's spent and put some more cash into the defence. Otherwise the money he's spent so far on attacking players will be shown to be a complete waste. Obviously he can't buy players now till Jan but we need some good loan players in ASAP, Goalkeeper and AT LEAST another centre back.

I think we can survive with Dan Jones and Tootle but Brisley, Duffy and Fitzsimons are all sh*te.

Shambolic since Christmas I said. Which it was. I was there. My agenda is simple. Employ someone who can get entertaining winning football. I'm not desperate to get promoted, we are and will always be a yoyo club. Part of our charm. But nothing puts bums on seats more than winning, conversely losing has the opposite affect. All those new but not yet committed fans Hardy has attracted in will not stop long if we continue losing.
    I would rather finish mid table and see entertaining progressive football aligned with organised committed defending. It's not rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Can't defend tonight's debacle, but have you forgot we actually made the play offs? Not quite shambolic was it but I suppose it depends on ones agenda.
    We may have made the playoffs, but our form since Yates left has been questionable.

Before the 10th Jan, our league record was:
    Pld 26 W14 D8 L4 F44 A26 GD+18 Pts 50

Since he left it has been:
    Pld 23 W7 D7 L9 F29 A29 GD 0 Pts 28

Alot of people saw the cracks appearing, apart from those who were in a position to do something about it. Without those ball winning midfielders winning back and recycling possession, it doesn't matter how many attacking footballers you put in the team.

But is Nolan in charge or Hardy? I don't know the answer but have my concerns.

Shambolic since Christmas I said. Which it was. I was there. My agenda is simple. Employ someone who can get entertaining winning football. I'm not desperate to get promoted, we are and will always be a yoyo club. Part of our charm. But nothing puts bums on seats more than winning, conversely losing has the opposite affect. All those new but not yet committed fans Hardy has attracted in will not stop long if we continue losing.
    I would rather finish mid table and see entertaining progressive football aligned with organised committed defending. It's not rocket science.
    Progressive and entertaining football very rarely gets you out of this division. That's why we were relatively poor in the Munto season even with a ridiculously good team until Cotterill got us playing tough, fast, robust football with balls into the channel, efficient set pieces, and an in your face mentality.

That's why Warnock has done so well in the lower divisions and why Lincoln will do well this season.

I think we pretty much need to recreate last season's tactics but with better players and more firepower up front, which in theory we have.

Dear Mr Hardy
    Although tonight was a disaster I think it's still too early to start calling for the manager's head. However, it's fair to say Nolan can't afford recent form to continue, and certainly not performances like tonight. If after 10 games we've not turned this form around and got a minimum 15 points on the board, then Mr Hardy's bravery will start to be tested.

If we want to go up, after ten games we need 20 points, that means 6 wins and draw from the next 7 games. Don't think so...

Progressive and entertaining football will get you out of this division. You just need a solid committed defending unit behind it. Oh well, things should improve when Chettle is manager

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast