+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How brave are you Mr Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I don't know, in that Munto season we were hovering between the automatic places / play offs with a team that almost to a man should've been playing at least a division higher, until we got Cotterill and his brand of football.
    Very true. We were great going forward but hindered by letting in too many sloppy goals. I remember the first thing Cotterill said when he came was that his priority was to ensure the other team don't score, once he got that right everything else started to fall into place.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Very true. We were great going forward but hindered by letting in too many sloppy goals. I remember the first thing Cotterill said when he came was that his priority was to ensure the other team don't score, once he got that right everything else started to fall into place.
    Yes that’s it. Clean sheets are what win titles and this is what Steve Cotteril knew. We became solid as a rock at the back. We had the spoilers and creativity in midfield and two men up top who could but the ball in the net with ease. That was the spine of the team.

We don’t have a Kasper, Edwards or Lea this season. Instead it’s Fitz, Duffy and Brisley.

The midfield of Bishop and Ravenhill are non existent in this team. Only Hewitt comes close as being a battler and spoiler.

The strike force of Hughes and Rogers. Well you could say Dennis and Hemmings are this seasons equivalent on paper?

That was the solid spine of that team

We’ve not scored in two home games and have conceded 7 goals in the past two league games. Chances were created last night but we failed to capitalise. Missing a penalty summed it up. Then our powder puff defence crumbled time and time again. Over 20 shots by an away team is unacceptable.

This seasons spine appears to be missing a couple of disks.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    This seasons spine appears to be missing a couple of disks.
    Which is quite literally crippling us!

Quote Originally Posted by LesBradd4England View Post
    Loan signings?? You could sign 100 players. If the manager is clueless it matters not. He's clueless. Goodbye!!!!
    Are you off Swale? About time me owd mucka!!

Quote Originally Posted by LesBradd4England View Post
    Are you off Swale? About time me owd mucka!!
    No I'm staying but was just wishing you well as you departed with your cheery 'goodbye!'

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123