+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Squad and tactics

And we let Rob Milsom go

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Superb thread and quality posts.....my only point to add is that we are quite simply a team in transition.....last season it was simple tactics, keep it tight at the back and wack it as far and high as we could, let Shola or Stead win the knockdowns and Yates and Hewey scrap for the leftovers....Grant sweeps in from the left....Bob's your uncle......

.....then we got found out, Yates went offski, our ageing twosome ran out of legs and Grant went into a coma for 3 months....only discovering Forte hiding on the bench gave us a sniff of the play-offs

This season, BigAl has spunked 400k on an attacking line-up and now our midfield-defense is like the titanic shipping in half the north atlantic....sooooooo....let's get back to basics

Solid back 4.....Tootle, Hall, someone else, Jones.......now before everyone starts screaming about Jones, the guy knows how to defend BUT he spends half the game trying to attack....get an ex-army sniper, armed with a pellet gun and shoot Jones up the arse every time he crosses the halfway line....trust me, he will learn......totally agree with Jackal, Hewey is never an all-out defender in a million years...you might as well play BigAl's son back there, same result....get him back in midfield and find a Yates-like animal to put in some bone-crunching tackles to replace Vaughan.

Don't get me wrong, I like Vaughan and he has quality BUT at the moment we just need to stop shipping goals.

The attack will sort itself out, chop and change the wingers (we have enough of them now).

Defence and midfield need to get back to defending as a priority.

I've calmed down a bit now....looking forward to Tuesday....it cannot get any worse....hopefully

There’s absolutely nothing “transitional” about this squad. It’s just completely inbalanced

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123