+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The 12th of December 1979.

That night at Dense was magnificent, especially after the awful game at Hampden, and I think we all knew we were witnessing the start of something special from that team. The next cup victory was pretty special too

That the one where we thumped the fun in a major final on their own pitch?

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    That the one where we thumped the fun in a major final on their own pitch?

Shedka, you might call it a thumping, I’d describe it as pure humiliation in thir ain midden.

And as I type this Shankland has just scored for Ayr, get in there FTD4life

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Thanks for the reply Shedka,don't think this thread will get many as fans rally round the Monkey and his Donkey.
    The fact we are where we have fallen is all down to the decisions of one man! Everything is focused on one January night, but i have always said, there were many sold with apparently no investment into the team.

Now that it looks like Shabba felt the need to use the League Cup as a work up, he could not have made that decision without the consent of the Chairman and Board. If it works out in the end, then nae bother, but i have serious doubts that wont go away until we have won this league!

Silver lining warning! 0-3 with 2 men sent off, oh and Shankland scored another double so who the f said no to him!

I was in the provide rd end that night.What a night it was. Luggys goal (3rd one) off sourpuss miller was the icing on the cake

Quote Originally Posted by _JohnGotti_ View Post
    here GB ya marching the day wi ah the rest oh the Braveheart belters
    thon should cheer ya up
    No mate i had other plans,how did your Saturday afternoon go?.

No mate i had other plans,how did your Saturday afternoon go?.
    not 2 good tbf
    haeing tae cheer mehself up watching some oh the braveheart vids online

Quote Originally Posted by _JohnGotti_ View Post
    not 2 good tbf
    haeing tae cheer mehself up watching some oh the braveheart vids online
    Eh got stuck in a mega traffic jam cos of the march mate,the only march i am up for is the one on Westminster.

Eh got stuck in a mega traffic jam cos of the march mate,the only march i am up for is the one on Westminster.

Careful for what you wish for o' Man' O' War. Bonnie Prince Charlie had the same idea!

We have gone from playing in the League Cup final 4 years ago to getting knocked out in the first round against Arbroath and Alloa.

Nuff said.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)