+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The 12th of December 1979.

The 12th of December 1979.

Dens Park the venue as Dundee United make history and in the process destroy Aberdeen to win their first ever major in the League Cup Final witnessed by a crowd of over 28000.That Sheep team contained legend's like Clark (goalie),Kennedy,Rougvie,Miller,McLeish,Strachan,M cGhee,Jarvie,Archibald and Alex Ferguson as their manager.
    Fast forward to the year 2018 can someone out there tell me why we are not playing tomorrow?,given that we had pile of shyte in our group that the team of the late 70s/early 80's would have destroyed in minutes,FACT.

With the weak group we were in there is no justification or excuse as to why we aren't in the knockout round, it's a disgrace and a big time failure on the managers part

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    With the weak group we were in there is no justification or excuse as to why we aren't in the knockout round, it's a disgrace and a big time failure on the managers part
    Thanks for the reply Shedka,don't think this thread will get many as fans rally round the Monkey and his Donkey.

It’s a disgrace where we have sunk to.

No one can realistically have faith in csaba. Seriously. Let’s hope the season proper where we have a manager and team we can consistently believe in starts soon

Our league cup performances were a shocking reflection on the manager and players. If the manager wanted to play friendlies then they should have been arranged separately. I appreciate that the number 1 priority is to get out of this league but the club were happy to take our money to watch the team under perform in the league cup. I genuinely believe we have the players to win this league if they are properly organised and motivated. I hope the QoS result was the start of better things but I very much doubt it. Will still be there at the Partick game though. Apparently the definition of madness is to keep doing the same thing but expecting a different result..........

Ups & downs.
    Highs & lows.
    Peaks & troughs.
    Good times & bad times.
    Was life ever different?
    We soldier on.

United's at The Dump today if you've nothing to do

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Dens Park the venue as Dundee United make history and in the process destroy Aberdeen to win their first ever major in the League Cup Final witnessed by a crowd of over 28000.That Sheep team contained legend's like Clark (goalie),Kennedy,Rougvie,Miller,McLeish,Strachan,M cGhee,Jarvie,Archibald and Alex Ferguson as their manager.
    Fast forward to the year 2018 can someone out there tell me why we are not playing tomorrow?,given that we had pile of shyte in our group that the team of the late 70s/early 80's would have destroyed in minutes,FACT.

here GB ya marching the day wi ah the rest oh the Braveheart belters
    thon should cheer ya up

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdad View Post
    Our league cup performances were a shocking reflection on the manager and players. If the manager wanted to play friendlies then they should have been arranged separately. I appreciate that the number 1 priority is to get out of this league but the club were happy to take our money to watch the team under perform in the league cup. I genuinely believe we have the players to win this league if they are properly organised and motivated. I hope the QoS result was the start of better things but I very much doubt it. Will still be there at the Partick game though. Apparently the definition of madness is to keep doing the same thing but expecting a different result..........
    To be fair he's not doing the same thing though, is he? He played 352, a change in formation, and won the match.
    Question for you GB - if by some miracle we go up this season will you drop this? Or is it now your default position?

He played 5-1-3-1 in the second half, pulled every player back at their corners to give us no outlet and had the keeper boot the ball rather than play out from the back and retain possession and nearly lost us the match by doing so. I’m not paying to watch that ****e

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I was at Dens that night, it was a great performance despite the shocking weather and the condition of the pitch.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)