+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leicester City v Wolves Matchday Thread

Leicester City v Wolves Matchday Thread

Match Preview Click Here

After coming back twice against Everton last weekend, Wolves travel to Leicester City, a team that only a few seasons ago won the premier league. This, just like last weekend's game is a big test for Wolves. I'd take a point now if it was offered.

I'm traveling today but hope to Stream some of the game when I get to Pittsburgh Airport. I forecast a draw but obviously I hope we just squeeze it. maybe we will be a little less nervous away from home. Fingers crossed!

COMB!!!!!!

Looks like the same lineup from the opener. Traore on the bench in place of Bright

Great start Wanderers, just get a bloody goal!

Hit the post and the crossbar already.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    Hit the post and the crossbar already.
    We look by far the better team but are we going to score!

Oh for fecks sake! Would you believe it. Well frankly, yes.

$hit I have to get on the plane now as well. *******s.

Just luck of the bounce. We hit the post on one end and in our own net twice. Hopefully we put something together this second half

Really unlucky today, on another day we could gave had three or more.
    Both Leicester's goals had an element of luck with them and I thought we played well.
    Only mild concern is Diogo Jota and Leo Bonatini.
    Jota looks very lightweight and spends too much time complaining and I think Leo will be found wanting in this league.

Early days.

Quote Originally Posted by vagrant View Post
    Really unlucky today, on another day we could gave had three or more.
    Both Leicester's goals had an element of luck with them and I thought we played well.
    Only mild concern is Diogo Jota and Leo Bonatini.
    Jota looks very lightweight and spends too much time complaining and I think Leo will be found wanting in this league.

Early days.
    That's the thing vagrant, Wolves looked well in control up until the first Leicester goal. We attacked them from the off. Leicester would've had no complaints if Wolves had scored one of the three decent first half chances before Doherty's own goal. I'm disappointed we came away with nothing from the game, but encouraged that Wolves created numerous chances.

The second goal, as was the first had an element of fortune about it, but even before the ball had got to Maddison, no one put a challenge. I'm encouraged by the second half display from Traore, he has pace to burn, Leicester often had two and sometimes three players around. Over the ninety minutes+, The Leicester keeper was called upon more than Patricio, it says it all.

I'm not going to sit here and be too critical of today's performance or our start to the season in general. I do think though, from set-pieces we have to try and mix it up a bit, the delivery from them often found the heads of either Maguire or Evans, or hands of Schmeichel. As above he was busy, he kept out a decent effort from Neves and was also nearly beaten by Otto in the second half.

One thing i will say regarding Bonatini, is that he could really have scored one, maybe two after coming on. He probably needs a goal to settle him down a bit.

I think it's easy to be critical when the opposition go down to ten men, Vardy deserved to go for his full blooded challenge and follow through on Doherty. Again against ten men like last week, but at least we created a few openings.

It's always goals that count and that's what has today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)