+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Stokes' selection wrong.

O/T Stokes' selection wrong.

What message does it send out when a young player, who was MoM in the first test, is left out to accommodate Stokes? Don't get me wrong, Stokes is a quality player but he should have had to bide his time and wait for the opportunity to get back into the side. Curran performed excellently and should have retained his place. Whether he was guilty or not is beside the point, it sends out the wrong message!

Spot on. Curran must be so deflated after that decision. I would like to see what the ECB do now with their internal inquiry bearing in mind this decision. Should have been suspended pending their inquiry not the court case,

We're blessed to have the options of Stokes, Curran, Woakes. Curran's had a fantastic Test start, but he's only 20, and he'll come back even better in next couple of years. Tough decision to leave him out, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    What message does it send out when a young player, who was MoM in the first test, is left out to accommodate Stokes? Don't get me wrong, Stokes is a quality player but he should have had to bide his time and wait for the opportunity to get back into the side. Curran performed excellently and should have retained his place. Whether he was guilty or not is beside the point, it sends out the wrong message!
    Absolutely agree good player but no one player bigger than the team , feel sorry for Curran as already said the guy must be gutted to lose his place ,

I didn’t like this selection at all,Curran deserved to keep his place.

Stokes strikes me as an arrogant thug with a drink problem.

A 27 year old bloke with two young children and a long term partner desperately trying to get into a club after 2.00am in the morning whilst p I s s e d is a sad enough thing to start with.

Christ knows how he got off either,viewing that footage he looked every inch the aggressor.

Totally agree with above posts curran was growing into test cricket and improving with each game. Didn't deserve to be dropped, ECB have sent out the wrong signals. Gutted for Curran.

Have to agree with all the sentiments above. He should not be considered at all until the ECB’s Discplinary Committee have concluded their own investigation of the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Q165 View Post
    Have to agree with all the sentiments above. He should not be considered at all until the ECB’s Discplinary Committee have concluded their own investigation of the matter.
    The only bowler used , not to take a wicket ironical .

Having seen the video footage I can't see how he was cleared but cleared he was so like anyone else it is right that he returns to his job. However his job is County cricket and that's the place he should be for a few months at least.
    The courts appear to have got it wrong, the TCCB certainly have.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    Having seen the video footage I can't see how he was cleared but cleared he was so like anyone else it is right that he returns to his job. However his job is County cricket and that's the place he should be for a few months at least.
    The courts appear to have got it wrong, the TCCB certainly have.
    I have to be honest Chris the video i seen that's obviously is the same one as everyone else I've came to the same conclusion as you obviously got the money to pay for a good brief .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)