+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MillersMad MatchThread - Leeds v The Millers

MillersMad MatchThread - Leeds v The Millers

What a great week we've had in a few areas. Firstly we get a win with a goal in the last minute against Ipswich that truly did feel more important than many of the goals scored last season. We then took on Wigan and saw the return of Proctor and the first game where Ajayi played in midfield. Finally the signing of one of Paul Warnes top targets. Welcome Mr. Mannings!

You see there is something happening under the radar at the club. Something that seems to be going through everything like never before. Of course I could just be seeing things differently than others but it started with the injury of Proctor.

That horrific lunge on Proctor against Charlton that slowed the season down and changed the club. Changes in playing styles and then changes in personell with the sale of Moore by Ipswich to Barnsley whilst on loan to us and after he had done so well. The re-introduction of Wood and the solidity it gave us at the back. The purchace of Palmer to help in the midfield and the flexibility of Vaulks where he was needed he preformed admirably. These were all stepping stones in the Proctor effect on the club. We've seen players get injured before but we've not whitnessed the effect it has had on the players and staff.
    The belief instilled in the players by Warne saying that Proctor will be back and hopfully score the winner at Wembley was for us paper talk but I don't think it was anymore. It wasn't aimed at the papers it was aimed at us the supporters and at the club. You see having that belief that you can acheive something is one thing but having a group of people aiming for it, together and as one is something else.
    Of course Proctor didn't make the squad at Wembley but he did lead the players out. Some folk though it odd that he did that because it should have been Paul Warne who lead the team out because it was he that steadied the ship and turned it round but by him not leading the team out and keeping the promise to Proctor that he would be involved meant something different. It meant that he was a man of his word! A man who can be trusted!

This Proctor effect is the fuel behind the belief in the team! Win, lose or draw the team will be together behind Warne and will be giving there all and let's face it we can't demmand more than that.

Today we face Leeds United in our first Yorkshire derby of the season. They're finally back on the up. Their play has been good to watch and they will be there or there abouts come May. We can't match them skill wise because they are man for man better players than us but we can match them for effort.
    We've played against sleeping giants before and if they think that they're going to have an easy game today then they will have underestimated us!

It's going to be a tough game but come 5 o'clock we'll be saying that The Millers gave their all.

I'll be at Perigord Towers for the match so if someone could post the team when it's read out I would be gratefull.

I sincerely hope you can stuff that lot up the M1 and burst the bubble today .

All the best .

Frog, your OP is positively Churchillian!!!!

Thanks Monte.

It's not about the football Cayton. It's about building something good from a bad situation and finishing through. No fuss, no heros just a team, club and a togetherness.

Charlton was one of the few games I managed to get to and I thought Proctor was the one who would make our season. He was making a real impression with his touches and support play. I am so pleased for him in the way he has come back and hoping that he stays fit this season. There is more to come from this guy this season. I think he will prove to be our star player.

Frog, it’s worth tuning into the match thread just for your opening posts lately. Well done mate.

TEAM V @LUFC | Rodak; Vyner, Raggett, Wood, Mattock; Taylor, Ajayi, Vaulks, Palmer, Williams; Smith.

SUBS | Bilboe, Robertson, Manning, Newell, Proctor, Vassell, Ball. #rufc

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    TEAM V @LUFC | Rodak; Vyner, Raggett, Wood, Mattock; Taylor, Ajayi, Vaulks, Palmer, Williams; Smith.

SUBS | Bilboe, Robertson, Manning, Newell, Proctor, Vassell, Ball. #rufc
    Surprised to see Taylor start, also no Forde, Jones or Price on the bench?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast