+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Player ratings v Yeovil

Player ratings v Yeovil

Too angry and disappointed to do these last night, but in the cold light of day these are my offerings, taking 6 as an average performance and avoiding the knee-jerk "give them all 0" reaction:

Fitzsimons 3.5 - Just doesn't inspire confidence, looked hesitant throughout.
    Hewitt 3 - Awful game. Hewitt can't play right back, get him in midfield where he can be effective.
    Duffy 3.5 - Never attacked their crosses when they came in, just allowed their forwards to get there first.
    Brisley 3 - See comments for Duffy, only slightly worse.
    Jones 3 - Positional play again hopeless, always gives his winger far too much space.
    Husin 4 - The odd good touch, but reminds me of Aborah. Artistically impressive, but has no impact on the game.
    Vaughan 4.5 - Can have some influence, but needs a bit of muscle alongside him.
    Thomas 4 - Saw a fair bit of the ball first half but didn't do much with it.
    Boldewijn 5.5* - The odd poor touch but provided our only attacking threat, put in some useful crosses
    Dennis 4 - Failed to get on the end of some decent crosses from Enzio.
    Hemmings 4 - Again disappointing, including the missed penalty.

Subs all 5 - Couldn't be expected to do a lot in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Too angry and disappointed to do these last night, but in the cold light of day these are my offerings, taking 6 as an average performance and avoiding the knee-jerk "give them all 0" reaction:

Hewitt 3 - Awful game. Hewitt can't play right back, get him in midfield where he can be effective.
    Duffy 3.5 - Never attacked their crosses when they came in, just allowed their forwards to get there first.
    Jones 3 - Positional play again hopeless, always gives his winger far too much space.
    Husin 4 - The odd good touch, but reminds me of Aborah. Artistically impressive, but has no impact on the game.
    Boldewijn 5.5* - The odd poor touch but provided our only attacking threat, put in some useful crosses

I have to say i totally agree with all of these marks Elite, I feel a bit sorry for Hewitt at the moment, he is a midfielder who is being thrown into the back 4 and left to sink or swim, at the moment he is sinking badly.... Bris and Duffy need to be hooked and fast, Lets hope Hall is ready to go and it cant hurt to put Bird in on Tuesday as it really cant get any worse than last night. I only had the displeasure of watching it on stream last night but it was as bad as it could possibly have been... did you guys see anything that gave you some hope?

No numerical player ratings will begin to show what happened last night. We didn't have a 'team', this was a group of individuals who looked like they'd just met in the warmup.

IMO effort wasn't lacking. The basic skills were lacking. Tactics and game plan were lacking. The team was so unbalanced that the players looked like they didn't know what they were supposed to be doing , or where they were supposed to be on the pitch. This has to be laid at Nolan's door, he's responsible for how the team was setup and the tactics deployed.

Quote Originally Posted by karl wheatly View Post
    No numerical player ratings will begin to show what happened last night. We didn't have a 'team', this was a group of individuals who looked like they'd just met in the warmup.

IMO effort wasn't lacking. The basic skills were lacking. Tactics and game plan were lacking. The team was so unbalanced that the players looked like they didn't know what they were supposed to be doing , or where they were supposed to be on the pitch. This has to be laid at Nolan's door, he's responsible for how the team was setup and the tactics deployed.
    You cant argue with any of that. Nolan is clueless, and so it would seem are his coaching staff. What the hell do they do on the training field. All i can suggest is that they walk the ball around traffic cones..The sooner he and all his cronies are gone the better...

Quote Originally Posted by karl wheatly View Post

I agree with most of this, karl, except I think they do have the skills, well, some of them do, they just seemed reluctant to try and use them at the right time or to be disciplined enough to perform as a team. I don't know who to feel sorrier for; the individuals, Nolan, or the crowd.

My pet hate is seeing a defender/midfielder under very little pressure heading a loose ball straight back into the mix - not trying to control it - just heading it the direction of away. Whether it's just my imagination I don't know, but Notts seem to do it more than most teams I see.

Last night at 7.45 with the new players having had time to know each other, I expected, and saw, better football - an understanding if you like - but at 8.05 all optimism vanished. What happened? I hear you cry, the jigsaw broke and fell apart, that's what.

The "team" made a mockery of the Kop's chant of "It's just like watching 'Uve" unless they meant Yeovil.

Fitzsimons 3 stuck to his line, doesn't communicate.
    Hewitt 2 - Doesn't tackle or stop crosses so ultimately pointless.
    Duffy 3 - Blames everyone else but falls over, dives in and second to every ball in the box.
    Brisley 2 - See comments for Duffy but worse.
    Jones 3 - See comments for Hewitt.
    Husin 5- Always available little impact on the game.
    Vaughan 4 - See comments for Husin, just slightly slower.
    Thomas 5 - Always wanted the ball and at least tried to be creative.
    Boldewijn 3 - Flashes of pace but lazy and unfit. At fault for their second goal.
    Dennis 4 - Failed to meet any crosses but at least looked lively.
    Hemmings 4.5 Again disappointing, but hole up play was good, just needs to get a goal.

Stead 5 - Probably our most intelligent football.
    Other two did little in the time they had.

Quote Originally Posted by roweyp View Post
    Fitzsimons 3 stuck to his line, doesn't communicate.
    Hewitt 2 - Doesn't tackle or stop crosses so ultimately pointless.
    Duffy 3 - Blames everyone else but falls over, dives in and second to every ball in the box.
    Brisley 2 - See comments for Duffy but worse.
    Jones 3 - See comments for Hewitt.
    Husin 5- Always available little impact on the game.
    Vaughan 4 - See comments for Husin, just slightly slower.
    Thomas 5 - Always wanted the ball and at least tried to be creative.
    Boldewijn 3 - Flashes of pace but lazy and unfit. At fault for their second goal.
    Dennis 4 - Failed to meet any crosses but at least looked lively.
    Hemmings 4.5 Again disappointing, but hole up play was good, just needs to get a goal.

Stead 5 - Probably our most intelligent football.
    Other two did little in the time they had.
    Sorry but Brisley was having to cover for Jones not defending. Not saying he's not worth 2 but Jones was worse but you have him as a 3?

Odds on the same side Tuesday? If Tootle is fit that might be the only change.

Jones got forward and put in a few crosses and so would get 1 for defending and 5 for attacking play.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

I'm surprised your ratings are so high. A big zero for the lot from me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast