+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Player ratings v Yeovil

Quote Originally Posted by roweyp View Post
    Fitzsimons 3 stuck to his line, doesn't communicate.
    Hewitt 2 - Doesn't tackle or stop crosses so ultimately pointless.
    Duffy 3 - Blames everyone else but falls over, dives in and second to every ball in the box.
    Brisley 2 - See comments for Duffy but worse.
    Jones 3 - See comments for Hewitt.
    Husin 5- Always available little impact on the game.
    Vaughan 4 - See comments for Husin, just slightly slower.
    Thomas 5 - Always wanted the ball and at least tried to be creative.
    Boldewijn 3 - Flashes of pace but lazy and unfit. At fault for their second goal.
    Dennis 4 - Failed to meet any crosses but at least looked lively.
    Hemmings 4.5 Again disappointing, but hole up play was good, just needs to get a goal.

Stead 5 - Probably our most intelligent football.
    Other two did little in the time they had.
    I agree with 10 out of the 12 ratings BUT, just watched the "lowlights" of the game 3 times on iFollow (I know, it's called either disbelief or masochism)
    Enzio appears 3 times with the ball attacking their box - No other Notts player featured in their half apart from the missed penalty (which Enzio was the first to react to) and the ridiculous miss of an open goal from Hemmings or Dennis from 2 yards....THAT ENZIO CROSSED IN FOR....give the guy a break Rowey...please.....5.5 for attacking and 2.5 for tracking back ...4 is the average
    Fitz, "stuck to his line".....hahaha.....I'd be frightened to come off my line as well if the oppo were using me as target practise....25 SHOTS IE 1 EVERY 3.6 minutes......pointless coming off his line as he had to keep scooping it out of the net or collecting it from the ball-boy....look on the bright side, all that energy saved means he should be fit for Newport on Tuesday....4 points

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Too angry and disappointed to do these last night, but in the cold light of day these are my offerings, taking 6 as an average performance and avoiding the knee-jerk "give them all 0" reaction:

Fitzsimons 3.5 - Just doesn't inspire confidence, looked hesitant throughout.
    Hewitt 3 - Awful game. Hewitt can't play right back, get him in midfield where he can be effective.
    Duffy 3.5 - Never attacked their crosses when they came in, just allowed their forwards to get there first.
    Brisley 3 - See comments for Duffy, only slightly worse.
    Jones 3 - Positional play again hopeless, always gives his winger far too much space.
    Husin 4 - The odd good touch, but reminds me of Aborah. Artistically impressive, but has no impact on the game.
    Vaughan 4.5 - Can have some influence, but needs a bit of muscle alongside him.
    Thomas 4 - Saw a fair bit of the ball first half but didn't do much with it.
    Boldewijn 5.5* - The odd poor touch but provided our only attacking threat, put in some useful crosses
    Dennis 4 - Failed to get on the end of some decent crosses from Enzio.
    Hemmings 4 - Again disappointing, including the missed penalty.

Subs all 5 - Couldn't be expected to do a lot in that situation.
    This.

Too angry and disappointed to do these last night, but in the cold light of day these are my offerings, taking 6 as an average performance and avoiding the knee-jerk "give them all 0" reaction:

Hewitt 3 - Awful game. Hewitt can't play right back, get him in midfield where he can be effective.
    Duffy 3.5 - Never attacked their crosses when they came in, just allowed their forwards to get there first.
    Jones 3 - Positional play again hopeless, always gives his winger far too much space.
    Husin 4 - The odd good touch, but reminds me of Aborah. Artistically impressive, but has no impact on the game.
    Boldewijn 5.5* - The odd poor touch but provided our only attacking threat, put in some useful crosses

Would just about concur with these ratings. aside of everything else already mentioned it dawned on me against Colchester just how small our players were compared to theirs. This again was interesting last night because I'm not sure any of the back four actually won a header under a challenge throughout the whole game. Then at the other end, aside from the first 10 mins or so we then started putting floaty high crosses into the box which again our forwards were never going to win in a month of sundays.

Also, I really felt for Vaughan. The number of times he had the ball in the middle and had to run around in circles looking for a pass because everyone else in black & white had rendered themselves invisible was just unfathomable.

When I played football, even at sunday league level there were some basics just about everyone I played with would be able to execute i.e. find space, make yourself available, receive a pass, look up and make a pass or if in doubt just kick the ****er out. Last night, as a team it just beggared belief.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I agree with 10 out of the 12 ratings BUT, just watched the "lowlights" of the game 3 times on iFollow (I know, it's called either disbelief or masochism)
    Enzio appears 3 times with the ball attacking their box - No other Notts player featured in their half apart from the missed penalty (which Enzio was the first to react to) and the ridiculous miss of an open goal from Hemmings or Dennis from 2 yards....THAT ENZIO CROSSED IN FOR....give the guy a break Rowey...please.....5.5 for attacking and 2.5 for tracking back ...4 is the average
    Fitz, "stuck to his line".....hahaha.....I'd be frightened to come off my line as well if the oppo were using me as target practise....25 SHOTS IE 1 EVERY 3.6 minutes......pointless coming off his line as he had to keep scooping it out of the net or collecting it from the ball-boy....look on the bright side, all that energy saved means he should be fit for Newport on Tuesday....4 points
    Roweyp seems to be on his own with his view of Enzo. He was our best player, true it wasn't to difficult though.

Not everything Enzio attempts will come off, that's the issue with him imo but I'm not sure why people are focusing on the times he makes small mistakes over the fact that he had the beating of Dicko every time he had the ball so much that they doubled and tripled up on him in the second half and he still won us a (very soft) penalty. He was practically playing right back at times in the second half too and did more defending then Hewitt did. I'd say him, Noor, Thomas and Stead were the only players to come out with much credit.

Don't think Stead will be so eager to step aside and let Hemmings take the next penalty either, had that been the other way around I imagine Hemmings would have thrown his dummy out but hitting the bar just summed the game up.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Roweyp seems to be on his own with his view of Enzo. He was our best player, true it wasn't to difficult though.
    Who said he was on his own .

I agree with all Elites ratings apart from I would have given them all 2.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I agree with all Elites ratings apart from I would have given them all 2.
    And I agree with all navypie's ratings apart from mine were different.

Ha ha yeah that's funny navy, you said you agree with Elite's scores then disagree straight away. Made me laugh mate👍 Hope your lad goes to the next game in the end ha ha.

And I agree with all navypie's ratings apart from mine were different.
    And 1961pie will agree with everything you say! oh come on Elite , if you're not gay you wanna be careful of that one.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast