+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Murrayfield or Hampden?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Looks like they’ll bring in standing areas behind both goals WHEN they stay at Hampden.
    FTFY.

Absolutely no chance the Strathclyde Fitba Assiciation would move from the weeg. As someone said it’s all just a ruse to get the ground off of Queens Park for a song.

Hampden is a sh’itehole. Only reason for safe standing behind both goals is to pander to the cheeks as usual as it can’t be seen for one to get something the other doesn’t get - feckin Groundhog Day continues and it’s our and the other diddy clubs fault.

Terrible ground, terrible view and terrible location. Compare it to what the likes of Wales and Ireland have and it’s a feckin embarrassment.

But it’s the “traditional” home (yawn - most of what’s wrong up here is the constant refusal to change anything) and it’s in the weeg so that’s it.

We and the diddies will be getting dragged down there for s’hite kickoff times for years yet I’m afraid...,

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    FTFY.

Absolutely no chance the Strathclyde Fitba Assiciation would move from the weeg. As someone said it’s all just a ruse to get the ground off of Queens Park for a song.

Hampden is a sh’itehole. Only reason for safe standing behind both goals is to pander to the cheeks as usual as it can’t be seen for one to get something the other doesn’t get - feckin Groundhog Day continues and it’s our and the other diddy clubs fault.

Terrible ground, terrible view and terrible location. Compare it to what the likes of Wales and Ireland have and it’s a feckin embarrassment.

But it’s the “traditional” home (yawn - most of what’s wrong up here is the constant refusal to change anything) and it’s in the weeg so that’s it.

We and the diddies will be getting dragged down there for s’hite kickoff times for years yet I’m afraid...,
    ****e kick off times could be sorted by our own club.

What difference would it make travelling from Aberdeen to murrayfield compared to Hampden?

You’re blaming the SFA & weegies for things that Aberdeen FC allow to happen. There’s options open to us & we don’t use them. If anything, we encourage it.

It's the perfect scenario for everyone who hankers after out of town new stadia to get their own way.

Build the thing somewhere close to the motorway around Perth.

Enough room outside to raise a tented village before each game played.
    Food, drink, films of your own fitba team winning.

Masses of parking.....Magic.

Two tier so that only the bottom tier can be open for Kilmarnock v Partick Thistle semi finals.

Make it compact enough to ensure atmosphere, don't divide the crowd on sectarian terms and we have a winner.

Bumped for the decision being made today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Bumped for the decision being announced today.
    FIFY

Those T0$$ers made up their collective mind ages ago!

Hope so. It’s the easiest decision the SFA will have to make but they’ve got previous.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    It's the perfect scenario for everyone who hankers after out of town new stadia to get their own way.

Build the thing somewhere close to the motorway around Perth.

Enough room outside to raise a tented village before each game played.
    Food, drink, films of your own fitba team winning.

Masses of parking.....Magic.

Two tier so that only the bottom tier can be open for Kilmarnock v Partick Thistle semi finals.

Make it compact enough to ensure atmosphere, don't divide the crowd on sectarian terms and we have a winner.
    In an ideal world, that ticks all the boxes, sadly we are stuck in a world that is far from ideal.......in this case it is between 2 grounds.......I would genuinely prefer Murrayfield for cup finals and big internationals and give the rest of the grounds(license permitting) to host all smaller internationals/semis.

SF

Hamdung is a sh1tehole - terrible views from behind the goal.

Murrayfield is little or no better though.

However, some of the reasons weegie based journalists are giving for remaining at Hamdung are laughable.
    Things like how inconvenient it would be for 67,000 "Rangers" & Celtic fans to go to Edinburgh etc.

I have no real preference for either as behind the goals at both stadiums is very poor

Murrayfield holds 67,000 as opposed to Hamdung's 50,000 maybe swings it for me.

I'd rather it was either one of them though as opposed to the suggested option of alternating between the Brendanbeau or the B@stard Garden.
    I'd not set foot in either to give those c***s any more money than I have to.

The national stadium should be in Perth. Somewhere most Scottish football fans can get to with relative ease.

On the other hand, would you want 60,000 unwashed descending on your town when it's the cup semi or final? Maybe just keep it at Hampden...

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast