+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Murrayfield or Hampden?

Why the laughter at the "refurb"

Honest question, I have absolutely no idea what sort of facilities people are expecting.
    As far as I am concerned, Hampden is basically a "new" stadium.

Used to be able to kick apart the old ash terracing, coming home black up to the knees.

Having said that, in the aforementioned Dens park v Celtic semi, I was in the enclosure under the main stand.

Standing in about an inch of p'ish.

Those were the days.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Hampden wasn't always used for semi finals.

I remember playing Celtic in a packed Dens Park, great atmosphere, so not even the semifinals against the gruesome twosome
    Aye , I mind that game too, although that wisna a semi ....it was a second replay in the third or fourth round after a draw at Pittodrie and another draw in the first replay at Parkhead. And you're right , it was a great atmosphere at Dens with the crowd being split aboot 50/50. Think the crowd was aboot 20 thousand .Pity aboot the result , like.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Having said that, in the aforementioned Dens park v Celtic semi, I was in the enclosure under the main stand.

Standing in about an inch of p'ish.

Those were the days.
    Your own ? Or was that the days before incontinency.

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    Aye , I mind that game too, although that wisna a semi ....it was a second replay in the third or fourth round after a draw at Pittodrie and another draw in the first replay at Parkhead. And you're right , it was a great atmosphere at Dens with the crowd being split aboot 50/50. Think the crowd was aboot 20 thousand .Pity aboot the result , like.
    Aye, that was when Murdo Mcleod scored the winner...the first gane we're were 2-0 at a frozen Pittodrie to finish 2-2...0-0 in the second match before the second replay at Dens...Porterloo's first defeat after about 22 games...there would be a few more to come

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Your own ? Or was that the days before incontinency.
    Donsdaft was officially the first pant pisher of the Abmad board.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Aye, that was when Murdo Mcleod scored the winner...the first gane we're were 2-0 at a frozen Pittodrie to finish 2-2...0-0 in the second match before the second replay at Dens...Porterloo's first defeat after about 22 games...there would be a few more to come
    Brian McClair scored the only goal.

Brian McClair scored the only goal.
    You're right, but there's a reason why I associate McLeod with that game and I can't remember why...

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    You're right, but there's a reason why I associate McLeod with that game and I can't remember why...
    Had a pish on some poor specky **** in the enclosure ?

Had a pish on some poor specky **** in the enclosure ?
    Did you read that from Aberdeen Heritage site or do you remember? I'm sure it was Mcleod...

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast