+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Murrayfield or Hampden?

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Aye but there is a name for the stretch of road after the area it goes through. I canna mind, been away to long. It's flat and open. Pac you work on the drill ships in South Atlantic off Angola. Was pride Angola and Africa when I was down there, but total. You're on bp rig? Luanda still ****e?
    Apologies i was being an obvious prick

Im on a FPSO. Greater Plutonio one of BPs two(more coming). My company has the maintenance contract with Total so ill maybe get moved at some point if not elsewhere in Africa

Luanda is ok at the bay but its a hell hole elsewhere ive seen. No middle class. Rich or very poor. Did you ever have the pleasure of travelling down Sonils Road to the port or did you chopper offshore. Some place that

I took both chopper or the honking fast boat, but mostly chopper. I had an office at Sonils so there a huge amount of the time. The poverty is in your face. The shacks outside Sonils were palatial compared to the poor sods on the coastal cliffs beside Sonil base. That's West Africa!

The Bin hill?

Coachford?

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Some recollection bogbrush. No recollection of the game. I did get a lift back after the game to the crown and anchor. Me and my mate lift back by big eck and Malcolm Thompson, you mind that name. It's around the time when peterhead were having a string of replays with Raith Rovers, sure they were at Gayfield too.
    My memory isn't that clear on the game. I just remembered there was a nasty atmosphere, the melee at the hotel, three of us going up on the train, the score and my embarrassment at hearing the chants at Caesar...

I've also still my match ticket, although in my defence, it did say "To be retained" on it without any indication of how long it should be kept, so I took to mean indefinitely. I have many match tickets...
    Last edited by BogBrush1903; 17-09-2018 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Was that the same year Huntly put Dumbarton out at Boghead?
    Correct, your lot when down 0-2 at Boghead from the Aryan teuchter supremacists...I promised that I would never return to Christie Park but I've been back twice, once for someone called Russell Guild's testimonial against the Dons, and for a pre-season friendly against Peterhead led by the much missed Tattie Cooper

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617