+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: v Ipswich

v Ipswich

One change from Wigan Adomah in for Green.

Starting lineup:-

Nyland
    Chester
    Tuanzebe
    Jedinak
    Hutton
    ElMohamady
    McGinn
    Bjarnason
    Adomah
    Grealish
    Kodjia

Another assist from McGinn - but playing against 10 for over half the game we should have won.

The bogrolls will be holding an open top bus parade after their showing

Well at least we didn't loose. 7 points from 9 is a tidy start to the season. Another competitive season ahead with Albion and Leeds looking strong.

That’s one way to look at it mate but in reality we’ve been awful. Scraped past a weakened Hull, scraped past and outplayed by Wigan, don’t even mention Yeovil. Then failed miserably to beat ten man Ipswich. 3 league games that we should be steamrolling the opposition, as any team with any aspirations of promotion have to. These were ‘gi’me’ games!

Now I know that it’s a long season, and everyone goes through sticky patches, but to be playing this poorly on a so called good run of results is worrying. We are as sh1te as we have been for the last god knows how long, ugly, scrappy and toothless.
    McGinn looks a steal, Kodjia is off and running (hopefully), Jack is playing very well, Hutts is playing out of his skin and Chezzie, well he’s on his own in centre defence, so there is hope

Keeping the faith but it would be nice for us to look like we know what we are doing, cos whoever coaches the players and comes up with our tactics, obviously doesn’t.

Fair pints exile. It's been a while since we beat a side convincingly that would obviously bread a bit of confidence. Something doesn't look right that's for sure. It's it the manager or the squad or both? My take on it is we need a target man under Bruce and we also need a centre half. This keeper looks a bit shakey too but I'm not going to get on his back yet even though I just did.
    If I was Bruce I would be busting a fit to get Huth Snoddy and a benteke type. We look better when Davis plays but he can't score to save his life.
    Last edited by bongosdad; 19-08-2018 at 10:51 AM.

Just to add to Exiled’s points

McGinn is EXTRA !

Milo Jedinak isn't & never will be a centre back

Wednesday Axel Tuanzebe shows us he's comfortable along side James Chester

The following game even Stevie Wonder wouldn't opt to play Tuanzebe @ full back

Bruce seems intent on securing his place in the Guinness Book of Records, section labelled “How many full backs were fielded in a single match”

Albert Adomah needs dropping/resting, he simply isn't performing at an acceptable level

Jack Grealish appears at times to be the holding player he should be strutting his stuff in a more advanced position

Quotes by Mr Bruce

vs Hull: 'We were too slow in our build-up play in the first half.'

vs Wigan: '"We've come through it with a bit of resilience.'

vs Yeovil: 'If we're being brutally honest, we were fortunate. In the first half we were too slow and didn't make enough happen.'

vs Ipswich: 'We didn't move the ball quickly enough or create enough.'

More by luck than judgement we remain unbeaten , yet without exception every single game has been yelling out for a) higher tempo b) more width.

On the evidence of these opening salvo's,

Despite Mr Bruce having more coaches than National Express all lack the nous to alter/effect our predictable system, shape & style of play

Have any of you witnessed any progression

Answers on a self address envelope please !

2 home games coming up. They need to be 6pts or a gap will start and we dont want to play catch up!
    Olbion have one good 45 mins and everyone thinking there promoted!!

If we can get snoddy and a left back in befote the loan deadline we should be uo there for sure.

Long way to go....

More left backs Dave? Do I take it axel played centre back on Wednesday?

Hello Gang I’m sorry I don’t get this issue with trying to sign a wide player when we have Green,Albert.Elohomady,De Laet,Bree,Hutton Grealish,McGinn who are all capable of playing/ getting forward into wide positions during the course of a game & are capable of crossing a ball
    IMO our current fault is ball retention in the last third thereby taking pressure of our defence which should in turn bring into play competent M/Fielders ie Hourihane (11 goals last season 1 in 3 games this season)
    Jack Grealish who more than has the ability to get more goals than he has recorded
    ,McGinn who when settled surely has 5 -8 goals a season in him
    We have seasoned holding M/Fs Whelan,Jedinak & Bjarnason who in turn should allow the aforementioned the freedom to play & support the front line whilst also protecting our defence
    If we could acquire a forward who could do the type of job of holding up play +adding the ***** ingredient of getting a few goals as Mitrovic did for Fulham last season then surely this would enhance our play(1 goal in 3 games from our present forward whether it be due to a return from a long term injury, system ,tactics or being unable to operate as a team player is not good enough) and I cannot see this changing no matter how many balls you cross to him!
    A quality experienced C/Half is also essential as well (as much as I admire Jedinak he’s no C/H) this would hopefully give confidence & protection to both the new G/K & in turn create a spine / link to M/Field btw this does show how much Terry has been missed here & although he’s a different type of player I’d take a punt on Huth as has already
    been mentioned on this board he’s a no no nonsense player but alongside Chester & @ 33 he should be capable to do a job for us in this league
    Regarding a L/Back we’ve got by so far with Hutton,Bree & Taylor in this area whether we like them or not why waste time & money on another loan signing in this position which would probably only appease the lending club when there’s more important situations to be addressed
    Either way folks whilst we have a right to voice our opinions & yes the football is/has been poor I’d have gladly taken our current haul of points after the horrendous close season we’ve endured
    Fingers crossed for 2 or 3 quality acquisitions in this window & a good/ lucky season
    Keep The Faith ✊

UTV
    🇪🇬🇺🇸🇨🇳🇬🇧

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)