+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We don't have that one player

We don't have that one player

who can make a difference when it matters, who can start something from nothing when we are short of ideas, who can set up proper attacking plays and then join in, who can take a penalty and seal the deal (ffs), who can make that little golden pass when Shelvey is having a day off (which he does 2/3 games on average).

THIS, my friends, is due to a lack of investment. Today's game is the evidence that we should have invested in a proper Attacking Midfielder who can link the play between the midfield and the attack. Sadly for that, you need to spend more than 10mil pounds and Ash doesn't go for that.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    who can make a difference when it matters, who can start something from nothing when we are short of ideas, who can set up proper attacking plays and then join in, who can take a penalty and seal the deal (ffs), who can make that little golden pass when Shelvey is having a day off (which he does 2/3 games on average).

THIS, my friends, is due to a lack of investment. Today's game is the evidence that we should have invested in a proper Attacking Midfielder who can link the play between the midfield and the attack. Sadly for that, you need to spend more than 10mil pounds and Ash doesn't go for that.
    your preaching to the choir here mate, we all know what your saying is the truth, its devestating to watch the side struggle and the best manager we have had since Sir Bobby have so many restrictions place upon him. Going to be a long season

We made them look like Barcelona today. Kenedy for me was our worst player contributed absolutely nothing and no confidence with the penalty.

As you say lack of investment and getting players in too late and not match fit all down to outr shyte owner.

May be felt that I’m being harsh but I feel a team of bottlers (and didnt think I’d say it after last year) for the pen. Howay Dummett it’s your team, captain Jamaal big heart, Shelvey shut their fans up naaaah.....allow the player who offered the least all game to take it. Those are two MASSIVE points dropped.

What the fu*ck was Kenedy thinking taking a penalty like that ? He may as well of told their keeper where he was going to place the ball, absolutely hopeless. He's payed a fu*kin' fortune to do that ?? I could have taken a better penalty than that sh!t for nowt !

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstonbob1 View Post
    May be felt that I’m being harsh but I feel a team of bottlers (and didnt think I’d say it after last year) for the pen. Howay Dummett it’s your team, captain Jamaal big heart, Shelvey shut their fans up naaaah.....allow the player who offered the least all game to take it. Those are two MASSIVE points dropped.
    And it's a hard thing to swallow but if that pen had gone in it would have been an undeserved extra two points.

I think Rondon could have made a difference today...but you know what?...We didn't deserve anything special from the game and yet could have nicked it.
    We were basically garbage today but it won't be the last garbage game....and yet....we could have stolen 3 points.

No Hayden for Chelsea which is no massive deal. No Kenedy is a big deal and likely two further games looks looming.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    And it's a hard thing to swallow but if that pen had gone in it would have been an undeserved extra two points.
    Absolutely. It's also hard to swallow that we're not a very good team. I wonder why Rondon was kept on the bench.

Absolutely. It's also hard to swallow that we're not a very good team. I wonder why Rondon was kept on the bench.
    ..or more to the point how Joselu was allowed to complete 90 minutes. He offered nothing all game.

It looked like they wanted it more today and they won every 50/50. No excuse for that. Wanquilo didn´t look fit to me and was bent double after every run. LB abd RB is where we´ll feel the cost of Ashley´s failure to let the club invest.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    ..or more to the point how Joselu was allowed to complete 90 minutes. He offered nothing all game.

It looked like they wanted it more today and they won every 50/50. No excuse for that. Wanquilo didn´t look fit to me and was bent double after every run. LB abd RB is where we´ll feel the cost of Ashley´s failure to let the club invest.
    RB and AM for me. We need someone in the attacking end who can facilitate goal-scoring and score goals himself. If only we'd signed Eriksen way back when

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)