+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Carrierbag Cup

The Carrierbag Cup

Do we really need this distraction from the League especially as we risk injury to key players in a small squad? Personally I would exchange the Wigan win for a Championship point any day of the week.

'Should' we beat Everton then get Liverpool at home would you be wanting a ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    'Should' we beat Everton then get Liverpool at home would you be wanting a ticket?
    As a season ticket holder for the past 25 years who attends 10 to 15 away matches per season, I would ***cing DEMAND one Brin. even if the result of the "distraction" was relegation

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    As a season ticket holder for the past 25 years who attends 10 to 15 away matches per season, I would ***cing DEMAND one Brin. even if the result of the "distraction" was relegation
    thought so..

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Do we really need this distraction from the League especially as we risk injury to key players in a small squad? Personally I would exchange the Wigan win for a Championship point any day of the week.
    Well, I would not. Patty, I always enjoy your contributions but to me being a football fan is not only about survival in a particular league but of the history of the club. The chance to play Everton is marvellous to me. Wigan and Pompey fans wouldn't give up FA Cup wins for another season in the Prem - although regrettably the clubs probably would.

Think we will more or less field a second team anyway Patty as will they. It will be our reserves against theirs so key players wont be risked.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Think we will more or less field a second team anyway Patty as will they. It will be our reserves against theirs so key players wont be risked.
    Roly, I think you'll be wrong on that. RUFC will field their strongest team.

it’s obviously the management team’s decision on who is picked to play but any player wanting to be rested needs to be shown the door.