+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who thinks Pboro Mag should be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Milburn9 View Post
    If it's for the good of forum, a yes from me. But for the comedy gold whilst having my morning dump and reading the absolute crap that he types then no.

I think pboro poisons a lot of threads with wind-ups and insults under the guise of "simply having a different opinion". I think a ban for a while would be nice.

Having said that, there needs to be room for people who don't share an adoration for Rafa and who thinks Ashley is a good owner, even if most us don't agree with that stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Are you saying he's Like a verbal laxative ?
    Haha. Reading the crap that gets posted by him definitely helps the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Before I was made a mod (and I didn't ask, just to be clear), I just used to ignore his wind-up posts-which were most of them-and only answer his footy points which, in fairness, were often decent.

But, having become one, you find yourself in a different position where you do things differently from the way you might as a non-mod.

The problem as I see it is that there is a difference between someone expressing their own personal view-no matter how much people dislike it-because it's a genuinely-held point of view which they have every right to express and someone knowing which buttons to press to annoy or provoke posters and then creating threads or posts to do just that.

Not everything P'boro posts falls into the second category, hence the 'encouragement' by both mods and non-mods-to just ignore him when he's winding folk up. But, increasingly, it looks like he's spoiling for a fight with the pro-Ashley, anti-Rafa stuff because he can't seem to post what he thinks without having a dig at people with the opposing view.

We're reaching something of a watershed on the forum, in my opinion. It's getting to the stage where people are either posting less, not posting at all or not enjoying coming on here precisely because of the arguments he causes. And as I've said, there's a massive difference between expressing your own views to make a point and doing so but in a way designed to provoke arguments or simply have a go at people.

In my mind, this is crossing the line. I'm genuinely not trying to be arsey when I say this but the mods have a responsibility to look after the forum, imo, and if the forum is under threat because of the actions of one particular poster then, to my mind, action needs to be taken to 'look after' the forum...otherwise what's the point.

Because of that I've locked a number of threads and also banned P'boro for a week. To be honest, I didn't like doing that particularly but, if it's for the good of the forum, and within the rules, then it has to be done. Obviously, whether a thread is designed to express a genuinely-held point of view or whether that point of view is being overstated to wind people up or the point of the thread is to antagonise people but just dressed up as a personal opinion...is open to interpretation.

We can't go on the way we are and, to me, P'boro-you're the one who has to change your approach or I can only see this ending one way-for the 'good' of the forum.

As a side note, Ghost gets a lot of stick but manages to put his point across-which is quite often the opposite of what the rest of the forum thinks-but without resorting to insults and jibes. This is not about everyone thinking the same but it's about how those different views are put across.

There...I've tried to be as honest as possible.
    That's all really well put Zippity and very fair but the problem with him is that if he would stick to his approximately one in ten reasonable posts it would be acceptable but as it is now the other nine out of ten are either sheer windups or pointedly insulting towards some one or other or some section of people or other and often grossly beligerant and foul mouthed.

I don't know whether it's a mental problem with him or if it's just uncontrollable but it does need serious adjustment.

Another point I wonder about is that he used to post on here some years ago under the name I think of Toonfull. What happened in the interim period until he re-emerged as the more than prolific Pboromag.

When he began reposting a few years back and was at that time approachable I asked him because of his name was he from Peterborough to which he affirmed. Now he states he's not lived there for about 20 years so strange choice of user name.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    That's all really well put Zippity and very fair but the problem with him is that if he would stick to his approximately one in ten reasonable posts it would be acceptable but as it is now the other nine out of ten are either sheer windups or pointedly insulting towards some one or other or some section of people or other and often grossly beligerant and foul mouthed.

I don't know whether it's a mental problem with him or if it's just uncontrollable but it does need serious adjustment.

Another point I wonder about is that he used to post on here some years ago under the name I think of Toonfull. What happened in the interim period until he re-emerged as the more than prolific Pboromag.

When he began reposting a few years back and was at that time approachable I asked him because of his name was he from Peterborough to which he affirmed. Now he states he's not lived there for about 20 years so strange choice of user name.
    Ask whitepointer

Well, as I've said Pat, he's going to have to change. Not his opinions-he's perfectly entitled to his opinions, but the way he puts them across.

The opinions, the criticism of Rafa and support for Ashley, people can ignore or debate, but the insults and the deliberate provocation have to stop.

We'll see...

Give him his own little sub-forum on here.Let him only post in there.See who follows him and replies and you will get your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Give him his own little sub-forum on here.Let him only post in there.See who follows him and replies and you will get your answer.
    Now that's a brill idea. It would just leave the two of them to glorify in their adverse opinions and give one another five star ratings.

Now that's a brill idea. It would just leave the two of them to glorify in their adverse opinions and give one another five star ratings.
    Who's the two of them?

Aye, ban the cunt

Posts bullshit .. hes a millionaire and owns all these companies ... Just a waffler that wants people to think he is something that he is not

Not bothered about his negative football post posts because its a football forum. But when it gets all political and ***ism/racism and all this .. Its just not good.

He seems hated on here by a lot and a number of posters dont post much no more because of him partly the reason i dont.

Forum would be a better place without him.

It will stop 237656275 page forums about crap, it will stop locked threads etc.

Just get rid

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Who's the two of them?
    No guesses then. Who is the only poster who would follow him and applaud and commend every single post he posts whether or not genuine opinion or controversial.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)