+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: We've got .....

We've got .....

... Bradley Dack 😉
    Told you he'd storm this league.

I'm also getting the feeling that we will have to win promotion now to keep him.
    The upside is, if Brereton is worth 9M, Dack must be moving well above the 20M mark at today's inflated prices - perhaps even more in January.
    Does anyone know if there is a buy-out clause in his contract, and - if so what it's set at?
    Encouraging that the two teams we've already played got good results today.

Looks like this is a good time to be playing Reading. The bookies and the pundits certainly seem to have got their predictions wrong where Bolton are concerned.
    Virtually everyone put them in the bottom three in the pre-season forecasts.
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 18-08-2018 at 09:19 PM.

Include Lenihan in that aswell. Both will be playing football in the Prem at some point soon. When it appeared in the summer we weren't doing any business, getting these 2 (And others) on a longer contract (meaning a higher buy-out clause on both if sold early) was the most crucial. I'm unsure what the exact figure is, but as it was only done in the summer, and both are on a 4 year deal, I'd say they are both valued around £20m each. In the current market.
    If he does what I think he will, same with us, it's not impossible he stays to do that with us. They both may? Depends what kind of players we bring in, and how much ambition we show in keeping those sorts of players long term. Which is very much the way the club is going.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was 0-0 against Reading on Tues. They will be absolutely desperate for points.

Dack stated he models his game on lampard, but I don't recall lampard having quick feet to create space for himself. For me, and I know I'll get laughed at, he's more of a Messi type. Obviously at a lower level ability wise.

Totally agree about styles and positioning, Saxo: brilliant timing of his runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Dack stated he models his game on lampard, but I don't recall lampard having quick feet to create space for himself. For me, and I know I'll get laughed at, he's more of a Messi type. Obviously at a lower level ability wise.
    Nobody will laugh, as it's a similarity. He is small, stocky and that low centre of gravity. He has lots of natural ability. He is always looking to nut-meg a player, he is deceptively quick. And can create. This arriving in the box is something that's new to his game. Lampard did it best on the modern game. There's an art to arriving in the right place right time. He will get lots more goals now aswell.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)