+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mistakes from Rafa and lifeless performance

Mistakes from Rafa and lifeless performance

Unfortunately I think Rafa's team choice today was the cause of a very lifeless performance. So to start Wanquillo should never be allowed to start a premier league game. We had different options to shuffle and a CB out of position at RB is better than that waste of space. No way was he injured either he bottled it when he realised Josh Murphy was going to destroy him all game. Which comes to my next view. Josh Murphy played really well today and deserved his MOM imo, we supposedly have the better of the two twins but he's sat on the fu(king bench week in week out. I'd of even played him at RB against his twin it'd of been a real tear up between them and a lot more than what was on display , but I'd just like to see what he can do in his real position let's face it although I do like Ritchie he doesn't break down walls. I would of also started Ki in CM over Diame just to get in there faces and break up play more. Then comes for me Rafa's biggest **** up of the day Joselu. Yes he scored last week does that warrant him a start this week NO Rondon should of started this game no ifs, buts or maybes. And for him not even to get on the pitch pffft. Look don't jump on me because I've blamed Rafa and Pboro don't back me up lol. I hate the Fat Controller as much as anyone and think we are lucky to have Rafa. I just don't think he made the correct decisions today. Also thought what Bellamy was saying afterwards was rather interesting. On how players basically wouldn't dare challenge Kennedy taking the pen as what Rafa says goes. That's fine well but if that's the case he should of seen how bad Kennedy had performed and known to switch the taker. Like someone else said in another thread Shelvey had been booed all game and would of burried that imo.

Agree pretty much. The last bit completely agree there were players on the pitch who would have scored. It was criminal that no one challenged him. Lascelles has done it to more experienced players in the past. I really think Ritchie would have fought him for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Jacko View Post
    Unfortunately I think Rafa's team choice today was the cause of a very lifeless performance. So to start Wanquillo should never be allowed to start a premier league game. We had different options to shuffle and a CB out of position at RB is better than that waste of space. No way was he injured either he bottled it when he realised Josh Murphy was going to destroy him all game. Which comes to my next view. Josh Murphy played really well today and deserved his MOM imo, we supposedly have the better of the two twins but he's sat on the fu(king bench week in week out. I'd of even played him at RB against his twin it'd of been a real tear up between them and a lot more than what was on display , but I'd just like to see what he can do in his real position let's face it although I do like Ritchie he doesn't break down walls. I would of also started Ki in CM over Diame just to get in there faces and break up play more. Then comes for me Rafa's biggest **** up of the day Joselu. Yes he scored last week does that warrant him a start this week NO Rondon should of started this game no ifs, buts or maybes. And for him not even to get on the pitch pffft. Look don't jump on me because I've blamed Rafa and Pboro don't back me up lol. I hate the Fat Controller as much as anyone and think we are lucky to have Rafa. I just don't think he made the correct decisions today. Also thought what Bellamy was saying afterwards was rather interesting. On how players basically wouldn't dare challenge Kennedy taking the pen as what Rafa says goes. That's fine well but if that's the case he should of seen how bad Kennedy had performed and known to switch the taker. Like someone else said in another thread Shelvey had been booed all game and would of burried that imo.
    Excellent post if I may be so bold. Once upon a time (as recent as last season) I was angry & acted like a petulant kid when witnessing performances like this.No more though.... although of course it hurts, I expect many days like this mainly due to our shyte attack.Its now the norm regrettably.`Thanks FCB.

If Ritchie was on he'd of taken it Rafa said that afterwards but the thing is he should of still been on over Kennedy who had an absolute shocker.

Aye, good post, man.

Rafa isn't above criticism. Tanya made a good point about the front two doing well last week and earning their start but, apart from his goal and one pass, he was as bad as usual. Rondon should have started, tbh.

As far as Wanquillo goes, he's an awful, awful player but I suppose Rafa was in a no-win situation there...if he'd put a midfielder or another CB in there instead of the only other recognised right back in the team (ffs they're trying to offload Sterry) then that might have been too negative a statement to make in terms of what Rafa really thinks about him.

Joselu playing the full 90 no wonder we didnt score, what was the point in signing Rondon and not playing him, has he upset benitez already the new Mitrovic

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    Joselu playing the full 90 no wonder we didnt score, what was the point in signing Rondon and not playing him, has he upset benitez already the new Mitrovic
    Worrying to see that the poster on here who's not a multi is a mod..

Until now of course..

Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    Worrying to see that the poster on here who's not a multi is a mod..

Until now of course..
    what you on about ash???

for performances like tat we can only blame rafa
    why would you chase a forward like rondn and nt play him

im beginning to think rafa would play joselwho if we went and brought messi

****illo
    another rafa buy that he stands by al the time

why

om sure there will be some that say in rafa we trust but it is games like this and ther will be loads of them where i say any manager will keep this lot up
    why
    because they will play our strongets team

kenedy was awfull i dont think he put two passes together

rafa has had rondon for a few weeks now .he should be fit and he should be starting

what is the point bitching about not getting players in if you dont play them or change things to try and win games

why keep kennedy on he was awful
    why not even play rondon for 20 mins
    why when kennedy is having a stinker not bring KYS on

that was rafas 50th game in charge of us in the prem
    he has won 15

worst ratings of any full/longterm manager in the prem and it doesnt look like improving
    how anyone can stay silent and think in rafa we trust after that performance,selection and tactical battle is beyond me

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)