+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leeds United Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Cam, to extrapolate from 3 games is dangerous but to do so and arrive at 50 points based on a point per game so far is the kind of maths that would have had Apollo 11 landing on Skegness beach.
    You obviously didn't follow my points away from parity theorem a few years back where I was tracking the distance we were above/below (below in our case) the 1pt per game target and the number of wins needed to get back to parity. We were well and truly f'ed and then along came NW As my sister is an authority in multi-criteria decision theorem I would ask her to build me a model on our survival chances but unfortunately it would be way above my head.

Well done Millers. Many predicted a hammering, but we hung in there. Moral victory just being in the same league as Leeds.
    I'm predicting this thread will get ugly once the Leeds fans join it.

A bit disappointing after getting to 0-0 at half time, but not a surprise result. With just 26% possession, we were unlikely to be picking up a point, despite what our old friend lbj/TheBourneLunacy on Banter may tell us. We need a midfielder who can tackle and hold the ball. We had 9 shots, 4 on target - not great, but we've done worse plenty of times, although the Leeds keeper didn't seem to have been given much work to do. Be interesting to know from anyone who went to the game what they made of the team selection and formation
    Last edited by mikemiller; 18-08-2018 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    You obviously didn't follow my points away from parity theorem a few years back where I was tracking the distance we were above/below (below in our case) the 1pt per game target and the number of wins needed to get back to parity. We were well and truly f'ed and then along came NW As my sister is an authority in multi-criteria decision theorem I would ask her to build me a model on our survival chances but unfortunately it would be way above my head.
    Wow, that's well over my head. Nice to see that Patty thinks Apollo 13 landed on the moon! Tom Hanks will be very disappointed.

Well played, with a bit of luck/ composure you could have opened the scoring and we’d have had a tough game

As it was you made it harder for us than Derby did, can’t see you going down based on today’s performance

Quote Originally Posted by 2020visionofleeds View Post
    Well played, with a bit of luck/ composure you could have opened the scoring and we’d have had a tough game

As it was you made it harder for us than Derby did, can’t see you going down based on today’s performance
    Yeah,thanks for that,i am sure we will surprise a few teams this season,certainly not the push overs that we were in that last season in the Championship,that is all we can ask for really.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Cam, to extrapolate from 3 games is dangerous but to do so and arrive at 50 points based on a point per game so far is the kind of maths that would have had Apollo 11 landing on Skegness beach.
    Brilliant Monty, I thought I'd just check that no one else had noticed CAmillers maths before I posted, but surely the 3 points from 3 games theory, puts us on 46 points and possible relegation, and not on track for 50 points and possible survival.
    However, I fully agree with CAmillers way of thinking as out of our first 3 games, both Brentford and Leeds were always play off challengers at least, and it would have been great to get any points from 2 tough away games,but I think Ipswich will be bottom half with us, and whilst they were unlucky not to get anything from the game, they were no great shakes either, and as negative as this sounds, I would have taken a 2-0 defeat today before the game, as they have been scoring goals for fun lately
    This result, even in defeat, should show we can make ourselves hard to beat against anyone in this division,away from home, and should give us way more positives than negatives.

BTW monty, I have no idea what extrapolate means 😮

No but it sounds kinky...

Warne has just said on the radio he expects us to get better. And I do as well...Get Procs in firing on all cylinders and that mythical midfielder... the world could be our lobster..sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Brilliant Monty, I thought I'd just check that no one else had noticed CAmillers maths before I posted, but surely the 3 points from 3 games theory, puts us on 46 points and possible relegation, and not on track for 50 points and possible survival.
    However, I fully agree with CAmillers way of thinking as out of our first 3 games, both Brentford and Leeds were always play off challengers at least, and it would have been great to get any points from 2 tough away games,but I think Ipswich will be bottom half with us, and whilst they were unlucky not to get anything from the game, they were no great shakes either, and as negative as this sounds, I would have taken a 2-0 defeat today before the game, as they have been scoring goals for fun lately
    This result, even in defeat, should show we can make ourselves hard to beat against anyone in this division,away from home, and should give us way more positives than negatives.

BTW monty, I have no idea what extrapolate means ��
    In my defence (defense), I never recovered from maths becoming math when I moved to the US

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    In my defence (defense), I never recovered from maths becoming math when I moved to the US
    Nice defence/defense, CAmiller, but would never stand up in court 😜

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast