+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a dreadful game

What a dreadful game

?....

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    ?....
    They were better than us. HUGE HOLES in midfield. No cohesion. Have we been found out?
    Victor for Bradshaw for me at Rochdale. Moncs for Mowatt. Who was poor for me today

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    They were better than us. HUGE HOLES in midfield. No cohesion. Have we been found out?
    Victor for Bradshaw for me at Rochdale. Moncs for Mowatt. Who was poor for me today
    Totally agree. We seem to be playing with 2 holding midfielders and 4 strikers. No link whatsoever betweed midfield and forwards, whoever they were meant to be?

Credit to Wimbledon who came with a plan to get men behind the ball and frustrate us , thoroughly deserved their point .

Mowatt scores just before half time , he has to score doesn't he ? , shocking miss and it changes the whole game and Wimbledon's mindset , fine margins .

Second half we were awful , no guile or craft to work an opening , Cavare had a nightmare with the ball at his feet , shocking second half performance .

The more it went on the less likely we looked like scoring , I was getting wound up , I hate these types of games , really frustrate me .

One of those games or have we been rumbled ?

Time will tell .

Wimbledon have and always will be the team that come to shut up shop, they have an old “Crazy Gang” player as manager who has clearly got them playing the old way and to their strengths! Every team in this league will struggle to break them down, on the plus side they will draw or lose more games than they win and finish below half way in the league as they have virtually no resources to make them an adventurous, serious promotion contender.
    We have not conceded a goal in 3 games which is excellent and teams that try to attack us WILL be punished by our pace.
    Same team on Tuesday against Keef’s side and we will batter them cos they are at home and will try to win, if we were at home he’d set them up for a frustrating draw like Wimbledon did today!
    Oxford and Bradford tried to attack us = 6 goals & 2 wins
    Wimbledon sat back = 0 goals and a draw
    We have 7 points after 3 games and have yet to concede, we are doing really well.

Defensively we look pretty much ok , even though Cavare was having a mare with the ball he defended well when called upon .

Lindsay and Pinnock are strong and dominate their opponent physically , never really thought Wimbledon were going to score in all fairness .

Adda tekken 7 pts after 3 games as well Perks so am happy wi that sooa far.

Important things first--50/50 Lass looked stunning in a light turquoise top wi white flowers on, skin tight dark blue jeans and sand coloured deck shoes wi beads on. Chatted her up but still dint win.

Classic Third Division game today. Wimbledon, like Blackpool dint lay down and ev their tummy tickled like Oxford ( thrashed ageean today) and Bradford. They got in our faces, closed us darn, tackled quickly, old manned the ref. This is what we ev to beeat. A few ed shockers today but eeads up to Mamma, he kept looking at the bench from 60 mins onwards but Stendel kept subbing sumdi else. Lasted 80 mins--legend.

I think the best thing that we can take from these three games, IS the fact that we are going to be hard to break down ourselves this season. Its worrying though that Wimbledon had more shots at goal than us despite their appalling defensive attitude, and we are going to see a lot more teams come to us and try to spoil like that.
    I don't want to think about lucky and flash in the pan comments regarding our first two games, lets not panic because we are third tonight and one win could put us back on top, lots of teams would love to swap places with us today!.

Aar did tha think we laiked today Acido ?

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Wimbledon have and always will be the team that come to shut up shop, they have an old “Crazy Gang” player as manager who has clearly got them playing the old way and to their strengths! Every team in this league will struggle to break them down, on the plus side they will draw or lose more games than they win and finish below half way in the league as they have virtually no resources to make them an adventurous, serious promotion contender.
    We have not conceded a goal in 3 games which is excellent and teams that try to attack us WILL be punished by our pace.
    Same team on Tuesday against Keef’s side and we will batter them cos they are at home and will try to win, if we were at home he’d set them up for a frustrating draw like Wimbledon did today!
    Oxford and Bradford tried to attack us = 6 goals & 2 wins
    Wimbledon sat back = 0 goals and a draw
    We have 7 points after 3 games and have yet to concede, we are doing really well.
    Agree. But we also need a second plan.
    Shown today

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast