+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Penaly takers

Penaly takers

Should every pro footballer be able to take a penalty if needed

Definitely!

To be honest, and i know there are lots of other factors that come into play like pressure, mental approach, etc, but if a penalty is hit hard into the corner, there's not a 'keeper alive who's getting to it.

it's all this 'trying to suss the 'keeper out' bollocks I can't stand. Hit it hard into the corner and 9 times out of ten (at least-19 times out of 20, 29 out of 30?) it'll go in.

Why teams don't finish training practising penalties is beyond me. They all seem to spend their afternoons watching dvd's, playing Fortnite or preening themselves on Instagram anyway so think what an hour's penalty or free-kick practice could do.

Id have them doing penalties for a good 30 minutes every session

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    Easily.

When the penalty was awarded I would have put cold hard cash on kenedy to score, even if he was having a ****ty day at the office. Then again i'M a shyte gambler..... but who else? Jonjo maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    They certainly ought to in the slim chance we get far enough in one of the cups the a half of the team need to be experts for penalty shootouts.

Not just one regular pen taker and a back up.

Yet look at our own England Internationals with their glaring misses over the years.

if they practised enough, who knows-maybe even someone like Dummett would be able to hit it hard and straight enough into the corner often enough to become the regular taker...doesn't have to be a forward.

They get paid a lot of money.id expect all ofthem to be able to hit a cracking penna

without a doubt
    maybe we would've won

Yup....after all, striking a football is their main job, ffs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)