+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Old

Old

Good Grief! 60 years since I was last at Meadow Lane and, after a journey of 12,000 miles, I had not expected to be so disappointed at what was on show last night. Few of the players seemed to be aware of who was supposed to be playing where. Lots of waving and finger pointing going on. Could be a long season. Looks like I'm in for more Sunday morning gloom back in NZ.

Welcome back to the pleasuredome! I do feel for you old fella, have a safe trip back and let’s hope they do the business for you next time mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Gedling Pie View Post
    Good Grief! 60 years since I was last at Meadow Lane and, after a journey of 12,000 miles, I had not expected to be so disappointed at what was on show last night. Few of the players seemed to be aware of who was supposed to be playing where. Lots of waving and finger pointing going on. Could be a long season. Looks like I'm in for more Sunday morning gloom back in NZ.
    Bloody hell, a 60 year wait and a 12,000 mile journey and you were rewarded with that! I just sat in bewilderment that a squad which seemed to be an improvement could produce a performance that bad. At least you must have been impressed with the way Meadow Lane looks these days, although based on last night having the best ground in non-league football is hardly something to boast about!

We will have the best ground in the National league if things don't improve

Welcome home young man . It wasn't good was it ? I'm still hoping we are having our blip now rather than later in the season, then your Sunday mornings back in NZ might get a little better.

A long way to come for such a shocking performance, safe journey home dude, as for the football let's hope we get back on track Tuesday because I can see Lincoln hammer us next sat

Where in NZ do you live mate?

A small place called Paraparaumu which is on the Kapiti Coast 30 odd miles north of Wellington.

60 years between matches?!?!?!? You may have a set a club record there. It's almost impossible to comprehend that the last match you would have watched before Friday, people like Peter Russell(?) would have been playing.