+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Without Evans and Lundstrum and with Billy.

Wilder said at the AGM that Leonard would be a player for us and I think yesterday’s second half performance showed why.
    I have stuck up for Lundstram on here in the past but I have to agree with the general point made by the OP. Fleck, Coutts and Norwood with Duffy and Leonard as back up would be just about the best midfield in the division.

Ps what about Delano’s world class save (even though it was offside!).

That should of course have been Deano’s world class save. The spellchecker thrives to change it this time too but I’m not having it!,

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Norwood is a different class altogether,but tother 2 wern't as bad as you mek owt in my view Beany but they are well behind Olly.It was terrific business to get Evans out and Olly in tho, even the most whinegin slasher must admit that.UTCB
    Lundstram and Evans individually were poor, collectively cost us 2 games. The Whinging slashers saw this, not sure the clappers did. Norwood has a much better pedigree than both and showed it straight away,

Quote Originally Posted by mwblade View Post
    Lundstram and Evans individually were poor, collectively cost us 2 games. The Whinging slashers saw this, not sure the clappers did. Norwood has a much better pedigree than both and showed it straight away,
    Well said and 100% correct.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Well said and 100% correct.
    Nowt to do wi poor defendin them 2 defeats then Just Lundy&Evans? UTCB

Nowt to do wi poor defendin them 2 defeats then Just Lundy&Evans? UTCB
    Games are won and lost in midfield rod. The engine room with equal defensive and attacking support responsibilities with or without the ball.
    When 2 of your 3 are s h it the 1 that isn't looks it and we as a team do.
    Owt else I can help you with?
    Offside, direct/indirect free kicks,formations.

Here to help.

I quite liked Evans...thought he had a touch of class about him in his style. potential. also saw that he wasn't going to be a top midfielder any time soon though. Time we did not have so on that basis its great business. Lundstram is just never a championship midfielder and is no loss. He's really poor.

Games are won and lost in midfield rod. The engine room with equal defensive and attacking support responsibilities with or without the ball.
    When 2 of your 3 are s h it the 1 that isn't looks it and we as a team do.
    Owt else I can help you with?
    Offside, direct/indirect free kicks,formations.

Here to help.
    Tha can have the best Midfield in't country but if ya defend as poor as we did especially at Boro you're gunna lose.I'm also here to help &to try and educate thi abart football mi owd pal,nar say thank you Rod. UTCB

Tha can have the best Midfield in't country but if ya defend as poor as we did especially at Boro you're gunna lose.I'm also here to help &to try and educate thi abart football mi owd pal,nar say thank you Rod. UTCB
    If you have the best midfield in the country your defence won't have much to do and when they do that great midfield will aid them.
    You're not really getting how football works are you mate.
    I'll use one syllable words and piccys in future!

If you have the best midfield in the country your defence won't have much to do and when they do that great midfield will aid them.
    You're not really getting how football works are you mate.
    I'll use one syllable words and piccys in future!
    I get it perfectly but there's never been a midfield that's kept a poor defence safe all game.The 3 goals at Boro were dreadful to concede.I know tha'll never admit tha wrong tho a bit like our Gertie never does either. UTCB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast